• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New AI-powered Lens Blur (Early Access) available across all surfaces.

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post applies to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic & the Lightroom Ecosystem products.

The Lightroom team is sharing an early look for AI-powered Lens Blur–giving you the ability to apply optical blur on any image regardless of how it was taken. Lens Blur is now available to try on all Lightroom surfaces.

How does Lens Blur work?
  • Lens blur applies a depth-based blur effect, similar to what can be achieved with real-world optical lenses, by using AI-generated or device-captured depth data (when available).
  • Lens blur will automatically prioritize focus for the detected subject, but you can also interactively adjust the focus distance. Precise focus range tuning is also available (currently desktop only: Lightroom Desktop, Lightroom Classic, and Camera Raw).
  • You can also further customize the Bokeh shapes, highlight Boost (desktop only), and make depth map refinements (desktop only).

Will my Lens Blur adjustments on one surface be synced to other surfaces? I.e. mobile to web to desktop, and vice versa?
  • Yes, all edits will sync. To revert settings, you can go back to previous versions or history steps, or un-apply Lens Blur settings.

Can I add Lens Blur settings to my presets?
  • No, presets and copy + paste workflows are not currently enabled for Lens Blur during Early Access.

For more information, please check out Lens Blur. 

Please give it a try and share feedback in this thread as we continually improve this feature.

Lisa Ngo: Lightroom Product Manager

Current Popular Lens Blur Feature Requests:

Stop by and give them a vote if they're of interest to you!

Posted by: 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Please report your system info via Lightroom>Help>System Info...

If you encounter GPU driver issues while using ML features in LrClassic/LrD/ACR, please try to update to the latest macOS version or if you are on a Windows machine, follow https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html to update your machine to the latest GPU driver and  see if the problem resolves itself.

If the OS or the driver is not available or possible and the problem persists, then try the following

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1965 Replies 1965
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olá. Até o momento está tudo bem, funcionando perfeitamente e estou satisfeito com o desfoque, funciona muito bem .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When I use lens blur it crashes my machine temporarily. Come up witha Not Responding message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Implement a luminance slider that works with the depth mask value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share more details about what you are looking for here? It sounds like you are asking for something like the existing depth range mask feature, but that currently only works with photos that have an embedded depth map (such as iPhone portrait mode photos).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is for the mask that is made for the lens blur which has a depth or range. Have that range with a luminance slider so one can change exsposure for the background and or foreground. This way you can further separate the in focus to the out of focus. I just thought that the mask is all ready there it should be reasonably easy to add. The graduation of the luminance would follow the adjustment you set for the blur. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see. Thank you for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seem to be several independent features that should work together:

• A way to select depth - either the depth range mask (for iphones...) or the new depth detection/refinement from blur
  • General AI Selection masks - this depth selection should be just another option for selection
  • Something to do with a selection - blur (new), exposure, etc (existing).

We seem to be getting point solutions (pardon the potential pun) rather than integrated features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a girl with long smooth hair against the background of a brick wall. After using the filter, part of the hair on the top of the head was cut off as a wall (it was a place on the joint between the bricks - also dark). There was no correction brush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-12 o 19.40.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Excellent, analyzing and creating depth of field, exactly as a camera. Then applying selective lens blur / out-of-focus. And allowing us to select the area to be in focus or fine tuning. I wholeheartedly appreciate your creativity. 
All that which has to be done before clicking the camera, now we are able to do it in the Adobe Raw Interface.
Thank You very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love this! Makes my lens look much more expensive than it was!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impressive. 
Saw loss of small hairs and if an image has visible ISO-Noise, that should be stable across the blurred background. Otherwiese it looks artificial very fast. maybe an option to overlay some noise ar an automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not get it to load

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing a slight difference betweem the image when it's in the develop module and library module - like the mods to the image whle refining the blur and focus aren't applied till I go to the library module.

Ohter than that, it's gonna be another cool tool to have. Good job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrated. This feature makes my computer running very slow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the masking around the bokeh, This image was hard to fix. The bokeh looks nice. 
Is it some way to solve the problem? Why not use the masks and change exactly what you want instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First example with an old f/8 photo looks OK at first, but at 100% the edges are quite jagged and not well defined. Depth maps seem to do OK job. Subject / background selection precision is where it really needs work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works pretty damn well for a first version! Effects seem to carry over to ACR 16 in Photoshop 25 properly. Will have to try it out on some more images & see if I have any specific feedback to report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brush is a useful tool, but it would be much more useful in some circumstances to have a way to drag out a blur in the same way you apply a linear gradient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A ferramenta é excelente mais várias vezes o programa cai durante o processamento, e tenho que reiniciar. Parabens pela ferramenta, desejando um pouco mais de estabilidade . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very first try: On a b&w shot. Wanted to blur the forground. Finding that only the left side got a little blurred, but the right appears unchaged!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On first image  tested this utility accurately identified the subjects (three people in a posed outdoor photo) isolated them from the background and applied good background blur. Focal Range adjustment looks useful. The one slight issue (imperfection) I see is with hair masking - but I know that's always very diffcult to achieve accurately.

All in all very impressed with recent Lightroom improvements such as this, Denoise, Subject and Background masking....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing a way to remove part of what's masked in the focal range. Even when I adjust the slider to yellow and pink, it's still showing purple on part of the image that is in the distant background. I would like to be able to remove part of it like how masking works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Near the bottom of the dialog box there is a drop down prompt labeled
"Refine". It allows you to brush on more focus areas or alternatively blur

--
*Bill*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seem to take a very long time to load the picture after applying the blur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines