• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New AI-powered Lens Blur (Early Access) available across all surfaces.

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post applies to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic & the Lightroom Ecosystem products.

The Lightroom team is sharing an early look for AI-powered Lens Blur–giving you the ability to apply optical blur on any image regardless of how it was taken. Lens Blur is now available to try on all Lightroom surfaces.

How does Lens Blur work?
  • Lens blur applies a depth-based blur effect, similar to what can be achieved with real-world optical lenses, by using AI-generated or device-captured depth data (when available).
  • Lens blur will automatically prioritize focus for the detected subject, but you can also interactively adjust the focus distance. Precise focus range tuning is also available (currently desktop only: Lightroom Desktop, Lightroom Classic, and Camera Raw).
  • You can also further customize the Bokeh shapes, highlight Boost (desktop only), and make depth map refinements (desktop only).

Will my Lens Blur adjustments on one surface be synced to other surfaces? I.e. mobile to web to desktop, and vice versa?
  • Yes, all edits will sync. To revert settings, you can go back to previous versions or history steps, or un-apply Lens Blur settings.

Can I add Lens Blur settings to my presets?
  • No, presets and copy + paste workflows are not currently enabled for Lens Blur during Early Access.

For more information, please check out Lens Blur. 

Please give it a try and share feedback in this thread as we continually improve this feature.

Lisa Ngo: Lightroom Product Manager

Current Popular Lens Blur Feature Requests:

Stop by and give them a vote if they're of interest to you!

Posted by: 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Please report your system info via Lightroom>Help>System Info...

If you encounter GPU driver issues while using ML features in LrClassic/LrD/ACR, please try to update to the latest macOS version or if you are on a Windows machine, follow https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html to update your machine to the latest GPU driver and  see if the problem resolves itself.

If the OS or the driver is not available or possible and the problem persists, then try the following

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1965 Replies 1965
New Here ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes adjustment and practice for maximum results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens blur is an effective way to accent the subject.  when I couldn't find it after a beta I inverted the subject profile and lessened the clarity slider.

TCR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until I can adjust the mask with a brush, it has extremely limited use for professional work. LOVE the option. Just needs to be more than a button with sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ShawnaleeStudios do you mean brushes and controls like these? Note you can also fine-tune the "Amount" of Bokeh with these strokes.

2024-04-14_11-39-07.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love this, but would like more control over where the blur happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you scroll through this thread, you'll find about a half-dozen or more of the following screenshot. After I created this, it's been copied quite a number of times.

2024-04-14_11-39-07.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hands are not detected to be foreground and included as the background to be blurred as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see more dramatic bokeh options for camera raw in PS, and more customization. So far the only major difference I'm seeing is the blur, but I love those sharp, noisy bokeh backgrounds in backlit photos and would love to be able to preserve the bokeh and depth somehow 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must integrate the mask section of camera raw with the Lens Blur, the 2 tools are already there, just need to be mixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time it worked much better than some previous times. It is becoming better each week. I did like my selection and the chance to fine-tune the final result.

D.Vatcher, Silver Sring MD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love it!

Particularly like the visualise Depth.  On a similar vein to others who have suggested "a tool to add/remove blur from a certain spot", it would be awesome to paint areas/mask areas that you did/did not wish to blur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Focus and Blur options which appear when you click on the Refine triangle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes a detail is blurred and this could be a misinterpretation. Why not allow a brush to retouch the zones, so that you can catch up with a problematic automatic retouch?

Parfois un détail se trouve flou et ce serait une erreur d'interprétation. Pourquoi pas permettre un pinceau de retouche des zones pour permettre de rattraper une retouche automatique posant problème ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Focus and Blur options which appear when you click on the Refine triangle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's amazing, I like this new function ! The analysis is just too slow !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings all,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback on this Primary thread for the Early Access Lens Blur feature. Effective with the May 21st release of all the Photography products, this feature is no longer early access. We’ve improved the UI and updated the Lens Blur accuracy in this update.

Please install the latest update for your Camera Raw/Lightroom client and enjoy the feature now as general access. Going forward, please report bugs, feature requests, and discussions via normal forum posts.

This thread is now closed.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines