• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Preparing slideshow hangs on slide # 2

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening repeatedly in previous versions and hasn't been fixed in LR 6.5 (standalone). 
Steps
1.  Select some slides.  I'm using a filter to select slides that are 4 stars or higher.  There are 16 of them in the folder that match.
2. Go to slidshow and hit "play"
3.  The dialog box comes up "Preparing Slideshow" and below Preparing preview for slide #2.  It mostly hangs on # 2 but sometimes a different slide.  If I cancel and choose a different folder with no filters (all images) and hit "play" it hangs on # 2 again.
4.  BTW...if I hit the -> buttone (play) below the images, instead of the "Play" button in the right hand lower corner, it'll play.
5.  Also, based on some other input, I've tried turning off/on the GPU. No difference.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2019, and we still have to turn off "Zoom to Fill Frame".  Why can't this be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2018, and we still have to turn off "Zoom to Fill Frame". Why can't this be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you confirm if above workaround helped you fix the problem? 

Thanks,
Smit Keniya

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Could you change your Standard Preview Size to Default in Catalog Settings?

For Catalog Settings:
On Windows - Ctrl+Alt+, 
On Mac Cmd+Alt+,

This should fix the issue. Let me know if this works for you?

Thanks,
Smit Keniya
Adobe Lightroom Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Byron.
We could reproduce this issue intermittently. Are you using a Windows 7 machine?
We are investigating this issue. Will update you on this further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sunil, I"m on LR6.5.  There are 2 play buttons.  One to right of Preview that has the word Play. The other is the right arrow head below the image.  If I press the text "Play" button I have this issue. If I press the right arrow play button, it works.  I removed spaces and still the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose the button you are referring to is Preview Slideshow.
Did renaming helped you to play the slideshow?

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert, thanks for the reply.  I'll try it. What's odd is that if i hit the arrow play button it works.  So there's some other process that's brought to bare hitting the text PLAY button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the exact same problem here!  (CC2015.5 Windows-10)

I did try re-naming all the images in the slideshow and that solved my problem with that one slideshow!  (They were JPGs collected for a workshop presentation)
So maybe it's a file-name bug. Never use spaces in file-names!
Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still broke "Zoom to Fill Frame" in 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem, but turning off zoom to fill doesn't always fix it. I'm now stuck on slide 1 and zoom to fill frame is turned off. Any ideas please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling "Zoom to Fill Frame" fixes this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got exactly the same problem. Any solutions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2016 Oct 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 2015.7 on Mac with Sierra - slideshow hangs creating previews if Zoom to Fill Frame is checked.  Otherwise works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 2015.8 on a Mac Book Pro using OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.  Unchecking "Zoom to Fill Frame" instantly fixed the problem.  Thanks for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have isolated my problem to using the Crop to Fill template.  I can produce slideshows as long as I do not use Crop to Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and have adjusted all setting as noted above.  I am using Lightroom CC 2015.8 on Windows 10 Pro.  Multiple attempts with several setting variations but it always hangs after 1 or a few slides
Any help greatly appreciated
Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Thanks for confirming!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that anything except 1024 as the preview size works for me with or without Zoom to Fill Frame checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi *Byron Cann

Could you confirm if 6.8 release has fixed this issue for you? If not then could you see if your Smart Preview settings are set to default?

Thanks,
Smit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too the same problem.....Why the Cancel is not working??. I have no other option to exit the application now...Wasting time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi burkemt.  That works on LR non cc 6.6 windows 10 too.  Thanks.
However, I'm surprised the bug is still in the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil et al: I found this forum when I encountered the exact same problem this morning.  I discovered that if I change Quality to Draft (from the default of Standard), the module "unfreezes".  I was then able to go back to Standard and successfully run the slideshow.  I'm running LR CC 2015.6 and OS X 10.11.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil, I'm getting the exact same issue and I'm not able to fix in any way. Is there any known workaround for this?

Running LR CC on OS X updated to the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines