• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tethering support requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is applicable to Lightroom Classic.

ETAs for tethered support for specific cameras are not available.

Tethered Capture is a feature of Lightroom Classic that allows the direct connection of your camera to the Lightroom desktop environment. Images are imported into your Lightroom catalog as they are captured via the connected camera. 

New camera support for reading the raw files is generally added quickly after a camera is released by its manufacturer.  New camera support can be verified here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Tethered support for a particular camera model normally follows a version or two after the raw file support. Adobe relies on the manufacturer’s (Nikon & Canon) SDK (Software Development Kit) to facilitate the tethering of your camera to Lightroom. The timing of the release of a manufacturer’s support via their SDK greatly affects the time to release for tethered support. In addition, Adobe goes through a rigorous process of integrating the functionality of the SDK and tests tethering before support is announced.

To see if your camera is supported for tethering on your version of Lightroom, refer to this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

If your camera is listed, but your Lightroom version is too old, you may need to update or upgrade to enable tethering.

If your camera is not listed, and your camera’s raw file isn't supported, you would need to check with the camera’s manufacturer to see if they support tethering via their SDK. 

Note: Not all camera manufacturers or models will necessarily receive tether support.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 437 Replies 437
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian, yup quite sure. LR updated Aug 23rd (I was behind on actually updating it) and the R6ii was added. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

The supported list of cameras doesn't reflect this update and I did chat with online support who recommended I asked in here. 

Although now I'm reading that is Adode Photoshop LR both versions of LR? I'm at work and my one brain cell has melted 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated by @dj_paige  The R6ii is supported for Camera Raw  ! SUPPORTED CAMERAS - RAW 

The R6ii is NOT yet supported for Tethering.  ! SUPPORTED CAMERAS TETHERED 

'Tethering' support is often one or two update releases after 'raw' support.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 14.0, Photoshop 26.0, ACR 17.0, Lightroom 8.0, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 15.0.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mrs_Coops wrote:

Hi Ian

yup I've updated LRC to 12.5 which includes the R6ii, so in theory it should work! 

RAW photos from the R6ii are supported for importing photos LrC 12.5. The R6ii is not included on the list of cameras that will tether to LrC 12.5, so tethering is not supported at this time.

See the official statement at https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-tethering-support-requests-and-inform...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried tethering my Nikon Z8 to Lightroom and it doesn't work like my D850.

i did a search and Adobe doesn't support the Z8 but does the Z6, Z7 and Z9

see link from Adobe of list

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html#

Does anyone know when or if Adobe is planning on adding the Z8?

yes lol my software and OS are up to date. 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to purchase a Nikon Z 7II to scan/digitize  film negatives which requires the use of tether capture with live view in LRC.  Does anyone in the community use this camera for that purpose or do you use tether capture with live view for any other purpose.  I am reluctant to but a camera that will not be able to digitize film negatives.  I currently use an older Canon 5D MKII with no issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Z 7II, however, it seems to be supported for tethering:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

There are some additional notes to Nikon cameras at the bottom of the linked page.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does list the Nikon Z &II under tethered, however if you scroll all the way to the bottom it doesn't list the Nikon Z 7II under Live View Support.  Thanks for responding so quickly, but I really would like a definitive answer as to what to expect.

The new purchase is primarily to scan medium format film negatives so it is quite an expensive purchase when I will not be using the camera for anything else.

Anyone else with experience would be fabulous! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, je souhaite réaliser des prises de vues connectées avec mon Canon R6ii et ça ne fonctione pas, alors qu'avec mon R6 cela fonctionne. Le R6ii ne semble pas pris en charge à l'heure actuelle (https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html#), certains ont déja constaté ce problème ? vous avez une solution ?
Merci

----

Hello, I want to take connected shots with my Canon R6ii and it doesn't work, 
whereas with my R6 it works. The R6ii does not seem to be supported at the moment (https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html#),
have anyone already noticed this problem? Do you have a solution ? THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Lr support Canon R6markII tethered 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't "pre-announce" camera support. When it happens, you'll know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually for the last year Adobe has "announced" almost zilch for tether support.  Seems almost abandoned.  Poor job Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I just upgraded my camera to a canon R6 mark ii....and it is not supported by lightroom for tethering! This creates complications for my workflow while shooting and in post production, which consequently bites away at my profit. This camera has been out in 2022 and it is not yet supported for tethering.  Thousands of R6Markii have been sold, that means that thousands of photographer will benefit from adding support for tethering.  I also means that for now, a lot of photographers are not happy with adobe...so with that in mind, I am requesting that you add this essentiel feature to lightroom.

We pay an effty subsciption to Adobe, and I think that most of us expect good service. 

Thank you

Julie Morel

I am requesting that Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Lightroom Classic enable tethering for the Canon R6 MK11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

je ne trouve pas le R6 mKii dans la liste des appareils compatibles avec le mode connecté de LrC, alors que le R6 y est. Est-ce une omission ou l'appareil ou LrC ne sont pas encore compatibles ?

Merci pour votre réponse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

When do you plan to add the tethering support in Lightroom Classic for the Canon R8 model?

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 
I am following this thread to ask if it is possible to shoot tethered to Lightroom classic running on a latest model Macbook?
Thanks, 
Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't really related to this thread but according to:https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html  it has been since Lightroom 11.3.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Reader,

The Canon R6 Mark II is not yet added to the list of camera's that are supported for tethering in LRC.

It would be nice to make it happen soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will LR be compatible with R6 Mark II ? Right now it doesnt work - and it's a one year old camera - is it in the making to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best,

When will tethering be available for the canon eos r8 in lightroom?

thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any time frame when the Canon EOS R6 II will be among the supported cameras for tethering with Lightroom Classic? Since the camera is available for over a year now, I would except Lightroom to be able to recognize it as well as e.g. the EOS R6 or the EOS R10.

Thank you in advance. Adding the EOS R6 II would be highly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long will I be using competitors' tethered shooting software?

wtf!?

canon r6 mark II

tethering

lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines