• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tethering support requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is applicable to Lightroom Classic.

ETAs for tethered support for specific cameras are not available.

Tethered Capture is a feature of Lightroom Classic that allows the direct connection of your camera to the Lightroom desktop environment. Images are imported into your Lightroom catalog as they are captured via the connected camera. 

New camera support for reading the raw files is generally added quickly after a camera is released by its manufacturer.  New camera support can be verified here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Tethered support for a particular camera model normally follows a version or two after the raw file support. Adobe relies on the manufacturer’s (Nikon & Canon) SDK (Software Development Kit) to facilitate the tethering of your camera to Lightroom. The timing of the release of a manufacturer’s support via their SDK greatly affects the time to release for tethered support. In addition, Adobe goes through a rigorous process of integrating the functionality of the SDK and tests tethering before support is announced.

To see if your camera is supported for tethering on your version of Lightroom, refer to this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

If your camera is listed, but your Lightroom version is too old, you may need to update or upgrade to enable tethering.

If your camera is not listed, and your camera’s raw file isn't supported, you would need to check with the camera’s manufacturer to see if they support tethering via their SDK. 

Note: Not all camera manufacturers or models will necessarily receive tether support.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 409 Replies 409
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aren't able to tether an R5C to Lightroom Classic? I see it's not listed as a compatible camera and it's not picking it up for me. 

[merged to primary thread by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I wanted for Christmas is the ability to shoot tethered with my camera that’s been out for over a year…

Is there any reason why LR Classic still can NOT tether with the Canon R6 Mark II?

The Canon R6 Mark II has been out for over a year! Should this be acceptable by us subscribers?

Also—is there any reason why tethering isn’t available in Lightroom CC (specifically Lightroom Mobile)?

Should your subscribers move to Capture One?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using what was Lightroom (and is now Lr Classic) since july 2007 and it has not offered tethering for the particular camera models I wanted to use, at any point

Since this support was only ever promised for a very few specific camera models from very few makers, and I've been free to made my own choices accordingly, I for one have been left with no feeling of denied entitlement. One important aspect in this is that support for tethering needs to be built in at the camera end, also not somehow locked-down. I doubt that such tethering support as does exist has ever been fully reverse engineered from scratch ("hacked") but rather the manufacturer has both actively made this possible, and publicised the specifics.

I suppose reasons for non-provision of tethering will probably include: Adobe software version cycle; recency of camera model release; popularity of that model and within what type of userbase; cooperation by the manufacturer so far as any licensing, encryption, proprietary coding; commercial priorities; engineering resource availability; cost; cost and cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you enable tethered capture for the nikon zf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tethered caputre is not supported for Canon EOS R8 camera on Lightroom Classic. Why is a new camera from a well established brand not automatically added? Has anyone found a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you imagine that tethering just happens?

It doesn't. It needs to be designed, coded, tested and then rolled out with a scheduled release of Lr.

Sometimes that takes time.

The solution? Patience. Or use Canon's software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would greatly appreciate if Adobe would add Canon R6 Mark II to tethering cameras. I have had it now for over a year. I tethered often with Canon 5D Mark iv but it went down and had to send to repair. Did not think you need something so bad untill its down.  

Thank you,

Don Stringer

don@photobydon.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't shoot teathered into Lightroom with my Canon R6. It can't connect to my camera. Windows do find the camera and everything else is working - but the tether proces.
It works fine with my Canon 5D mark IV and the Canon R6 mark i.... but NOT the mark ii version.

Has anyone found a solution or know if it is something that might be fixed soon. I have had several photoshoots where I have had to swap cameras to either the R6 mark i or the 5D mark iv to shoot tethered, as the clients wants to follow and rate pictures to be edited - and for the more creative sports portraits using smoke, coloured lights etc... it is fun to see the reaction to the cool pictures...

So how do I shoot tethered into lightroom with a R6 mark ii?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I recently purchased an EOS R6 Mark II, but unfortunately, it's not functioning correctly. Additionally, I'm experiencing intermittent issues with my R6 Mark I – it works sporadically. I'm hoping these problems can be resolved quickly. Do you have any updates regarding this matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LrC v13.1 does not support tethering capture for Canon EOS R6MII. Do you have any suggestions?  As of now, LrC supports only tethering capture for Canon EOS R6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Will the Canon EOS R6 Mark II camera be included in the list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic, or not? 

I mention that I already know that it can be linked via EOS Utility, but it is not nearly the same as when tether directly to Lightroom Classic.

We already waited far too long.

I refer to this list:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ro/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The addition of new models is based on updates to the manufacturers SDK followed by testing and inclusion in future dot releases. It's exactly the same with any new camera. The work around until it comes is always the same, use EOS Utility with Auto Import.  

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the Canon R6 mark ii be able to use tether capture in Adobe Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't announce the dates of when tethering will be available. https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-tethering-support-requests-and-inform...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeps, I know. I just wanted to keep track of this camera enablement in a separate post. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most likely this thread will be merged with the other one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olá quando é que estará disponível o modo "thether capture" para as máquinas lumix? neste caso lumix s5mk2.

É muito desagradável só terem suportes para nikon e canon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic does not support tethering for Canon R6 mark 2. Tethering was working for Canon R6. It is very popular camera and many people are looking for it and may switch to other options, which will be very unfortunate for me and many others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is cannon R5C tether support coming this year?  How does one request for support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question you always need to tell the Adobe program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc services">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using creative cloud photography plan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines