• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panorama stitching freeze in Lightroom Classic on macOS Mojave 10.14.6

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two days ago, randomly, Lightroom Classic started freezing every time I want to stitch a panorama together. I had finished a large photo export, left it for the evening to finish the export and the next day the application will freeze instead of stitching panoramas (both regular and HDR panoramas). Everything else seems to be working properly. Sometimes it will freeze in creating the preview and other times it will freeze while stitching in the background. I have no other applications running at the time. Lightroom never crashes, it just freezes. other applications do continue to work if I open them while Lightroom is frozen.

The only hitch I saw before the freezing stared was I tried to stack a large number of photos together, the ones I exported the night prior. It stacked them, but the number of photos stacked never appeared on the preview. I tried to unstack them, but Lightroom told me there was no stack. I hit undo and the photos reappeared, stacked them again and it worked that time.

I have tried:

1) Uninstalling and re-installing classic

2) Creating a new catalog, importing new photos, trying again

3) HDR and regular panoramas both freeze

4) I have edited, exported single images successfully

5) Creating a HDR works

6) My computer has plenty of space

[Discussion moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Lightroom Classic — The desktop-focused app]

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround, bit it took me going all the way back and reformatting my HD, reinstalling Yosemite,  and using an old version of lightroom. It worked! so I thought I might have fixed it and updated to Mohave and updated Lightroom. The issue is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

The same problem with lightroom classic here: macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (Macbook Pro, 5GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB, Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB). It was working before update to 10.14.4 or so. I was working without problem with panoramas at all in june 2019. After the update it freeze and do not work at all. And what about Adobe Help? Just let me smile, they did not help at all. I shouwed them panarama which was done in lightroom in june and together they remotely managing my computer they tried it make again without success. They realised the same problem which I described to them in few help cases, because they just did not believe, or pretended not to believe. And those stupid questions they asked, ooohhh not. I watching them managing my photos in order to stich together was a real horor, they even did not what to do. This was help, which did not help at all. They just realised that I had true about the problem. Why should I contact them if I am happy user without problem?

And the result of Lightroom Classic august 2019 update? Nothing at all. Only those big big annoucment in media Adobe's August update adds ‘GPU Accelerated Editing’ to Lightroom Classic, Camera Raw: Digital Photo...

I tried it in Windows 10 machine and with dedicated intel UHD 620 it was not a problem to make a panorama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if you know of this, but seems many people with MacOS 10.14.6 is having this issue. An Adobe Rep does know of it and has reproduced issue. They don't know if it is MacOS related or Adobe Update related. Link to information and contact: Lightroom Classic: Cannot merge panorama in 10.14.6 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just posted my below findings to the mentioned Photoshop Family Customer Community. It does seem to be related to 10.14.6. I tried to stitch HDR panorama consisting of 30 DNG files of 45MP each, with the below results:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Lightroom Classic 8.4

Canceled after not even seeing a preview after 3 hours

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Lightroom Classic 8.4

Didn't exactly time it but it didn't take longer than 20 minutes (preview and stitching to final DNG panorama file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schwatch  wrote

Just posted my below findings to the mentioned Photoshop Family Customer Community. It does seem to be related to 10.14.6. I tried to stitch HDR panorama consisting of 30 DNG files of 45MP each, with the below results:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Lightroom Classic 8.4

Canceled after not even seeing a preview after 3 hours

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Lightroom Classic 8.4

Didn't exactly time it but it didn't take longer than 20 minutes (preview and stitching to final DNG panorama file)

Make sure you test that on a different set of images, a slow PANO  stitch might run quicker 2nd time around (CACHE?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't the only one I tried and also not the only time I tried to stitch the same one. Even panoramas I stitched in the past wouldn't stitch now on 10.14.6 while on 10.13.6 without a problem. Also tried the batch stitching that is new in Lightroom Classic 8.4 and it works as advertised on macOS 10.13.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me since the update > 10.14.6 - Before it was never that great but now after simple operations such as exports take over 2 hrs for just 30 images. Using .nef file from the Nikon Z7. Adobe said the update last Monday would fix things and it hasn’t. Stitching panoramas can be over 3 hrs if it works at all. One of the most frustrating things about this is that you set up a task such as Export or photo merge HDR or normal pano and then just have to wait. No feedback no opportunities to learn what it is doing how it fails. All I know is that the only thing that has caused this for me is the latest Mac OS update!

Have tried a new Catalog / a new Mac Account / New Mac OS install  and new Adobe clean installs and all the other setting available such as GPU and config.lua file.

Why don't adobe themselves test Photomerge tool before releasing an update to check it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue now with macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and Lightroom Classic 8.4: exporting photos and stitching panoramas stops at around 30-40%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.... Panorama stitching stucked at half the process.... Lightroom Classic 8.3 and also 8.4.... Come on Adobe, give us a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I read everyone's posts on here and the only good thing about this is that I know I am not the only one. I actually went out and bought a brand new iMac hoping to stitch a seven shot panorama I took of the galaxy together. It actually worked !!! ONLY ONCE then the same problems as everyone else. It just flat out crashes, really getting tired of this. Anyone know of any alternative software to stitch photos together ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I first started having the freezing issue with trying to stitching panos together for three or more photos.  I am using a late 2015 iMac with 8GB RAM, running macOS 10.14.6.  It started when I upgraded to one of the Lightroom Classic 8.x versions.  I upgraded to LR Classic 9.2 but still had problems.  One thing I noticed during thses pano attempts was that the RAM memory would max itself out rapidly and when it hit a certain point, my computer would freeze causing me to do a hard reboot.  

With that in mind, I decided to upgrade the RAM from 8 to 32GB.  As soone as I installed this extra RAM,  I did a pano with three photos and it worked perfectly, no freezing.  Then I tried it with a set of 6 photos and it also worked with no freezing or RAM overload problems.  

It looks like increasing my RAM into the 32 GB range solved the problem however, the pano feature should work with only 8 GB because it did so before the recent updates to LR Classic in the 8.x range.  Curious to know if others who have the freezing problem have RAM of only 8GB.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines