Photo size Lightroom sends to Blurb?

Participant ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I make a Blurb book in Lightroom and then send it to Blurb does it resize the JPEGs it sends to an appropriate size for the dimensions on the page or does it always just send full-size JPEGs without any regard to the output size?

Just for the sake of example here is a ridiculous, extreme case. Let's say I create a 150 page, 8x10 photo book with 4 photos per page, 600 photos in total. Each photo is 4 x 3 inches on the page. The photos are from 102mp Fujifilm GFX 100S raw files that I worked on in Lightroom. Does Lightroom send 600 JPEGs that are 11648 x 8736 pixels for the small 4 x 3 inch photos? Or does it resize them to something much more sensible such as 1200 x 900 pixels before sending to Blurb?

I get the impression that the upload is sometimes huge when it doesn't need to be and with slow internet it can sometimes take a very long time.

I don't know how to check what is happening so I hope someone knows and can answer.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"does it resize the JPEGs it sends to an appropriate size for the dimensions on the page..."

Yes!  It 'renders' all and any file format of your images to suit the Book Page size. (It is the 'Rendering' that takes 'Time'- not the actual upload of the book to Blurb.)

eg. If you have a RAW file in the book design, yes, it would render a JPG (silently that you do not see) with sRGB profile and

This quote is from the book "Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ" available from the Lightroom Queen at- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/

"...you don’t need to worry about the quality, color profile, resolution or sharpening settings, as Adobe have done extensive testing and selected the best output settings for Blurb’s presses. Sharpening is set to Standard Glossy behind-the-scenes."

And from Adobe's 'Help' at https://helpx.adobe.com/au/lightroom-classic/help/create-photo-book.html

"Blurb prints at 300 dpi. If an image is less than 300 dpi, a warning icon appears in the upper-right corner of the image cell in the preview area. Click the warning to see the resolution the image can print. Blurb recommends a minimum of 200 dpi for optimum quality."

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.3, Photoshop 23.3, ACR 14.3, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.1, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the information.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines