• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photography plan (20GB)

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I thought I would download free trial of  Photography Plan to my new 4K laptop to see if its usable.

All went OK. Lightroom up and running. A big improvement on my LR 5.7. Tried to edit in Photoshop. Not there! I understood that the Photography plan is equivant to Lightroom Classic and includes LR and PS. What am I missing? I didn't see any instructions in install process to do separate PS download.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Did you actually download and install Photoshop? And you might need to do that with Adobe Camera RAW also.

Installing LR Classic does not install Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually download and install Photoshop? And you might need to do that with Adobe Camera RAW also.

Installing LR Classic does not install Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks. I wondered if that was required. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 9.56.23 AM.pngFree Trial of Photography Plan I find it confusing. For $9.99 @ month install Photoshop, get Lightroom also. View description, compare with Photoshop @$20.99 month, this description of PS highlights 'creativity', lower price does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naturally Adobe would like you to pay the higher price for Photoshop (alone).

But the "Photography" plan at $9.99 is the best value option for any photographer. The "Creativity" is yours with any plan!

For $9.99 you get-

-Photoshop 2020  (Full version)

-Lightroom-Classic v9.1  (Desktop based- folder storage)

-Lightroom  (Cloud based and mobile) (You do not have to install)

-etc,etc.

The only limitation with this plan is the 20Gb of Cloud storage, but if you do not want all your files in the Cloud, it is not a problem. Lr-Classic can place limitless previews of your photos in the Cloud (for mobile access) and NOT occupy any space at all of this 20Gb.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where did adobe plan for photographers with 20GB and 9.99 dollars ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're not trying to hide it. The Photography Plan is easily found on the Adobe web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

Bottom of the page-

Rob_Cullen_0-1645136366252.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a good usage for 20gb cloud? To small for storing RAW photos. Maybe for catalogs and previews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom-Classic is designed for 'Local File storage'- ie. all images stored on local hard-drives, so you do not need 20GB of 'Cloud'.  In fact you can sync many images to the Adobe Cloud eco-system (as proxy files) for editing & viewing on mobile devices, and not use any of the 20Gb storage.

Lightroom, OTOH, is designed for 'mobile' users and the Lightroom Plan gives you 1TB of storage. All files are stored in the 1TB Cloud space.

Another point- You don't get Photoshop with the Lightroom Plan.

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines