• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop edits do not save to Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom Classic and Photoshop on a new  MacBook Pro, copying over my old catalog.  When I select Photo>Edit in>Photoshop CC 2018, instead of the usual behavior of the photo opening in PS and then saving back to Lightroom:

- Lightroom creates a duplicate of the JPG file with a "-2"

- Even when I select File>Save in PS, the Save As dialog opens and I have to save it manually

- When I then have a have a PSD file in the directory that Lightroom has not added to the catalog and the -2 JPG produced by Lightroom.

I have read other conversations about this tried everything I could find:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling both LR Classic and PS, saving preferences

- Uninstalling and reinstalling both, not saving preferences

- Resetting the preferences in Lightroom

- Setting the file to PSD and TIFF in the prefernce

Anything I miss?  Any advice?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Xlcor,

some workaround help for you in the end of this posting, just scroll down.
But first of all: do not let the aggressiveness of some users here who act like Adobe-bloodhounds doubt your question. I don't know what it is, but some here act as if the Adobe programming code was a religious experience... stuff like "this is user error" is just plain bs...

I do experience the same problems as you AND: before the latest updates, it has actually worked! There are three options to edit LR pictures in

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I'm not in a collection. I have reset Photoshop preferences, no change. The TIF used to appear in LR by simply hitting save and then close, head back to lightroom and voila there was the tif right beside my .nef file. That No longer happens,I hit save and instead of PS showing a progress abr of the file saving and it being transferred to LR I am confronted by "save as" and it has the correct folder to save it as where the file originated from, however the file when I go back to LR is not amongst other files as a tiff until I hit the import button and navigate to that same folder and then choose import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However when it lands in PS it is still in the .NEF or raw file, after editing it is saved as a TIFF.

That is the correct and expected function if you send a 'raw' file to Photoshop.

eg. My DNG file opened in Ps- (by Ctrl+E in Lr with .TIF file type preference)

ScreenShot040.jpg

Make some edits and- "Save"  (by Menu or [Ctrl+S] - The tab changes to .TIF

ScreenShot042.jpg

Nothing more to do in Ps, other than 'Close' the document.

My .TIF image appears back in Lightroom-

You last post says "it is saved as a TIFF". Is this NOT happening now? (ie.the .TIF NOT appearing in Lr)

If NOT happening, have you tried resetting the Photoshop Preferences? ('move' it to restore if needed!)

Preferences in Photoshop

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an older topic, so hopefully you have already figured out a solution. I had the exact same problem and what for me turned out the be the problem was a setting in Lightroom.

In Edit->Preferences->External Editing for whatever reason the Color Space was set to ProPhoto RGB. I changed this to sRGB (in which I have Photoshop set up too) and all is working again as it used to.

Maybe it helps for you too, give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also pulling at my last nerve as I sit with 2020 and try to get my edited image back into Lightroom Classic.!

The save to computer dialogue came up. I saved the tiff. It didn't come back to Lightroom; then I couldn't find it, then it was "missing original in Lightroom"

There is no direct answer that works here. I must be missing something AS WELL AS A LOT OF TIME.

THANKS IN THE HOPES OF A SOLUTION..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Had an issue which customer services fixed by remote access to my PC - took them awhile so I had no chance. Anyway I now have updated versions of Photoshop and Lightroom. LR sends images to PS fine for editing. Previously when I saved in PS this would then show a new image in LR with '.edit' added which I could then export as needed. This is not happening and I have no clue where or even if the edited image is being sent/stored. So for the know it alls who say user error you are wrong. I have no clue how to fix this and it seems the know it alls dont either! If there are any helpful and sensible people out there with the solution please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After much issues with saving an image from PS back to LR it finally was solved by restarting my imac. The new CC apps opened and when I did a edit in LR and a save, it put the saved image back in LR. Hope this helps because it was really pulling my hair out and can make you want to drop your subscription to Adobe CC sometimes when updates are made and the operating characterisitics change. A complete restart of your Imac or PC can solve many issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines