• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Authorize on Facebook" doesn't open any browser page + FB app missing.

Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For some reason the Facebook plugin now shows "unauthorized".

I reloaded it, but whenever I try to authorize it again no web page opens into the browser as it used to.

I checked my Facebook account for the apps installed, Lightroom app is gone ! Yesterday it worked just fine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

This has been fixed. Let us know if you're still having trouble this AM.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Everything I've ever posted via Lightroom to my various Pages is unviewable/gone. Though the gallery counts are still correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say.

I am having all of these same issues. All my photos uploaded through lightroom are gone on facebook. When looking at albums it says x amount of photos, but when you click on the album it says no photos.

I am unable to authorize and I cannot find the app in facebook settings at all.

I really hope this gets fixed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They say misery loves company...add me to the list of those with this same issue.

I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out how in the hell I would have managed to delete all of my albums from Facebook.

I am relived though to find that maybe I didn't do anything wrong...hope they find a solution for all of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you're having trouble. Our engineering team is working with our partners at Facebook to correct this problem::

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/facebook-plugin-shows-unauthorized.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be a notification sent out and how will we know when fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been fixed. Let us know if you're still having trouble this AM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now working for me. I posted this earlier as well

Tunney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem resolved. Thanks. I do think it was a Facebook problem though, something to do with maintenance of their site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'm having the same issue.  I bought a new computer and installed Lightroom, everything was fine, loaded my old catalog, but when I tried to publish some photos with the app it wouldn't, I followed all the recommendations with the earlier link, but when trying to authorize the window doesn't open.  I've reinstalled lightroom several times, deleting all the folders as recommended in another post, but I can't seem to find a way to fix it.  I hope someone can help, this is very frustrating.

Using Lightroom 6.14, windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and for me the problem is on Facebook, Adobe LR is not able to delete photos on FB.

I did not see any position form FB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the issue is fixed. Both my photos and the LR authorisation have 'miraculously' reappeared on FB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, all my pictures and albums are back.

Still wonder what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine too!    

Keith Ross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solve the link and the photos. But what happen? Was Facebook problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is working now nice job to whoever fixed it quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's response has been wholly inadequate. Adobe needs to provide more details about what exactly went wrong so users can be confident in the continued use of Photoshop Lightroom to upload photos to Facebook and confident the associated data such as location and person tags, comments and shares will not be at risk.

I can understand a bug in the Facebook plugin might cause an authorization problem. I would have expected the worst case of that situation would be inability to upload more photos to Facebook. Especially considering the plugin claims to not be capable of deleting photos (since it notifies users of the need to manually delete a photo when it is removed from a collection that is uploaded to Facebook), I would not expect anything already uploaded to Facebook would be in jeopardy of disappearing at any future point, regardless of actions of Adobe or myself or anyone else short of Facebook going out of business.

In this case, not only was there an authorization problem that prevented uploading additional photos to Facebook, but apparently all photos previously uploaded with the Lightroom Facebook plugin were missing, including the albums the plugin created to hold those photos. (I am not sure if photos manually uploaded to those albums were also missing.) This of course was inconvenient and confusing for anyone trying to view those photos, most of whom would have no awareness the photos were uploaded with Lightroom. In my case, I observed all the notifications of comments and tags on the photos had disappeared from my activity stream. Emails I received from Facebook regarding interactions had broken links, just as if the photo had been deleted. I will not even address the potential psychological and social implications this might have for people sensitive to hidden meanings behind perceived actions on social media. All this reflects extremely poorly not only on the users who posted the photos, but also on Facebook for apparent service problems and certainly on Adobe for anyone aware the photos were managed by an Adobe product.

Now that the bug is fixed, it seems the albums and photos are back to normal on Facebook, but to my knowledge Adobe has not explained the problem or resolution any further than what was posted on Facebook plugin shows unauthorized: "The Facebook publish plug-in shows unauthorized and will not re-authenticate. Previously published images and albums are no longer visible on Facebook. This issue was resolved at 11pm, May 11th, 2017."

I will not be comfortable continuing to use the plugin unless Adobe can address concerns such as the following:

1. Why exactly did the photos and albums disappear from Facebook?
  2. What data if any is the Lightroom Facebook plugin supposed to be able to delete from Facebook?
  3. What data if any could the Lightroom Facebook plugin delete from Facebook in the worst case of a bug or malicious intent of an Adobe employee or an attacker compromising a user's computer, account or even Adobe's development process?
  4. What steps were required to solve the problem?
  5. If Adobe (or Facebook?) could not solve the problem, would all the Facebook metadata such as location and person tags, comments and shares been lost forever?
  6. Who if anyone would be liable for possible legal implications of data becoming irretrievable? Would a user have any recourse if, for example, a criminal or civil court case depended on evidence that had gone missing because of this problem?
  7. Is it possible for Adobe to design the plugin in such a way that it would be incapable of causing photos to go missing? For example, could users authorize it to add data to Facebook but not authorize it to delete, even in the case of an authorization problem? This would automate uploading to Facebook but otherwise the photos and albums would behave exactly as if the user manually uploaded them to Facebook (and is incidentally how I thought the plugin worked already).
  8. Is it possible for users to convert already uploaded photos and albums to a format impervious to future problems with the Lightroom plugin such that users who wish to cease using the plugin can be assured all their data will be safe here on (short of reuploading all the photos manually, which would create new URLs and require retagging and asking all previous commenters to comment again on the photos in the same order, which would still present a problem of the dates of the comments being wrong)?
  9. What if anything was done or is being done to prevent a future similar problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it was ALL on the FB side. The LR authorization in FB was just disabled for some period of time. Evidence of this is that the photos went missing and then returned WITHOUT action from Adobe/LR. Adobe LR had nothing to do with their return.  I had not invoked LR on any of my photography machines during that period, so it was all on the FB side. I believe that the links to the photos and the photos on the FB servers were always whole.  Just the authorization for FB to display them (or allow new uploads via the plugin) was broken.

Facebook is a free service, and I'm pretty sure they have NO liability in preserving or guaranteeing the perpetual existence of the photos on FB. Good practice is to make sure FB photos are just an expendable copy. Yes, it would be very sad for me to lose all the likes and comments.

The same issue exists for my 10,000 photos on Flickr when they go away. But I don't rely on them as a backup or storage platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you may be right, but still it seems there is a substantial risk in using LR to upload to FB versus exporting to a folder and uploading it manually. At least then they would only disappear if FB had a problem displaying all photos whatsoever. Also, anecdotally, I have had albums from various apps that create photo albums on FB never disappear despite the app no longer existing. So the notion some authorization issue would make all the albums disappear sounds like a horrible implementation at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reading this in 2018, and I believe that the response given to Achaia3 IN 2017 by Adobe was WHOLLY inadequate, as he pointed out. And now again, this year. WHERE IS THE EXPLANATION AND RESOLVE, ADOBE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening again now to me.  It was working a couple of days ago, then suddenly yesterday Facebook was no longer authorizing my Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I bought a new computer and installed Lightroom, everything was fine, loaded my old catalog, but when I tried to publish some photos with the app it wouldn't, I followed all the recommendations with the earlier link, but when trying to authorize the window doesn't open.  I've reinstalled lightroom several times, deleting all the folders as recommended in another post, but I can't seem to find a way to fix it.  I hope someone can help, this is very frustrating.

Using Lightroom 6.14, windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different issue that came up recently with Lightroom CC: Lightroom CC: Can't share pictures with Facebook | Photoshop Family Customer Community

It's being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks.  Seems like this is one of those things that has to be fixed by Adobe periodically as Facebook makes changes to their system.  I'll keep trying each day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,  I'm sure you are getting hit up with all these posts and I had set up my lightroom a long time ago and it was working fine.  I have been away from this for a while and when I came back to it recently to find I was not able to publish photo's as I was getting and internal error something with URL but the photo still up loaded to FB.  I google'd it and the recomendation was to unauthorize in lightroom then autherize again and this is where the problem began same as others not able to authorize but I can still see the photo's I posted from just before this happened.  My question to you you is,  is this going to be resolved and if so how long do you think and how will we know.  thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I too started to see the same behavior around 2 weeks ago when I tried to export to FB using the FB publishing service. All FB publishing services show "Unauthorized" and, when trying to reauthorize, the browser window with the FB login does NOT come up. The browser window showing FB's T&Cs does pop-up. The "Change account" and "Remove Authorization" buttons are greyed-out.

My configuration is Lightroom 6.14 Standalone / Safari / Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan). I have deleted saved website data; disabled and then re-enabled the plugin. I have deleted LR from the FB's list of Apps.

I'm going to be trying Jeffery Friedl's plugin/publishing service to see it if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines