• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Edit in Photoshop" from Lightroom - most controls unavailable in PS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I've encountered a new "handshake issue" when sending images from Lightroom (Edit in Photoshop) to Photoshop in the most recent builds of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop.  The vast majority of controls in Photoshop are grey out, from filters to masks to even merging layers.  If I open a RAW file directly in Photoshop, however, I don't encounter any of the issues.  This completely disrupts my workflow, though, from cataloging to metadata to Lightroom edits.  I'm presuming that this is a bug that needs squashing (I've never had a similar issue in many years of this workflow), but if I don't get it out there it might not get noticed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

This is a known bug. The workaround is to start Photoshop first and then Lightroom. In this case you can fully edit your picture in PS when you open it from Lightroom with "Edit in Photoshop".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug. The workaround is to start Photoshop first and then Lightroom. In this case you can fully edit your picture in PS when you open it from Lightroom with "Edit in Photoshop".

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, Axel.  I gave that a try, and you are correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that we are approaching 2 months minimum that this is a known bug, any progress on actually fixing it, because it is a serious pain in the butt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, got this bug today to and I was starting to lose my mind as no other "fixes" were helping. This did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, today Adobe has updated PS, looks like it fixes the LR to PS issue

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been fixed. Please update your Photoshop to version 20.0.2.

I've have tested and it work without any problems.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines