• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Edit In With Photoshop With Lightroom Adjustments" Not Working

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the option for eding in PS with my LR adjustments is not an option anymore. 

Under "Photo", "edit in", the option to bring the photo into PS with the LR adjustments is now missing.

I am noticing this because I am having a problem pulling in those edits that have PROFILES in the edits. It seems like other edits with LR adjustments are having no issues.  

After reading other articles on the same issue, here is what I have checked:

1.  Under Preferences, the "reset all warning dialogs "  has been checked and now is grayed out. 

What else can I check into? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you by chance using Smart Previews to edit and not original files?

Please also supply the exact version number of Lightroom Classic, Photoshop and your Operating system you have installed. The exact number not comments like latest or uptodate .

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop version I am using is - Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.7 20210316.r.502 2021/03/16: 0eec67fa081 x64

The Lightroom version I am using is - Lightroom classic 10.2. 

I only use raw photos to edit. 

The odd thing is I have always had the option to edit in photoshop with light room adjustments. 

I really need that option back.  It works for pretty much all my presets but it seems like the profiles are having trouble being applied when opened in PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MerandaB838 wrote:

The odd thing is I have always had the option to edit in photoshop with light room adjustments. 

The odd thing is that some people truely believe that, but it isn't true, at least not for many years. In the very early days (Lightroom 1, perhaps also Lightroom 2) that dialog was indeed also shown for raw files, but two of the three options were dimmed. You could only select a copy with Lightroom adjustments, nothing else. That is why Adobe removed the dialog completely for raw files in later versions. It did not make any sense to show it if you don't have a choice anyway. You will always get a copy with Lightroom adjustments if the original is a raw file. Unless there is a bug that prevents it, like the profile bug, of course.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the type (Raw or non-Raw) of source file for a given image, you will see different external editing options. Could that be it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only edit in raw because I notice you cannot do exteme color shifts with jpeg. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a know issue with certain profiles. Adobe is looking into it, but hasn't released a fix yet. An easy work around is to use the 'Metadata - Save Metadata to File' menu before you send the image to Photoshop. The dialog you mention has nothing to do with it. That will only show if you send a non-raw file to Photoshop.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed this option in the catalog settings.  It worked.  My edits showed up in Photoshop. 

Although, what does this mean?  Can I go back and forth and edit like before?

About 2 weeks ago, the option to edit in PS worked fine, although I am honestly just starting out with PROFILES, so I cannot remember if I ever did bring it into PS to edit. 

So, I guess my question still lingers, how to get back that option of being able to choose to edit in PS.

Thank you for this quick fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines