Exit

Rating a photo in compare mode result both been rated 1 star

Participant ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Version Number: 12.5

OS Version Number: Windows 11 latest nVidia Drivers

Very often when I rate already rated photos in comparision view, if I rate an already rated photo on the Right Pane to, for example 4 star to 2 stars, the photo on the left will be also rated down to 1 stars.  Doing same on Left Pane seems to be ok.   It happen many times when I have my Right Pane selected (white borders) and I set my photos filtered for example >= 4  stars and Library sync is OFF and I rate down below the filter threshold below the rating sytem under the photo or the Right Pane.   Possible that is happen to any filter but I did not seen this happen since it not quite part of my workflow.  This is happening quite often but not everytime. It looks it also happening when the Right Pane is selected (white border)

Steps:

have photos filters 4>= and have a bunch of photos already rated 4 or 5 stars

set to compare view mode

select the right pane (white border), make sure the Library sync is turned off

rate Right Pane photos on the rating system under the photo to below 4 stars so it disapear from the bunch of photos held from the filter

observe if the photo originally on the left pane is rated down to 1 star too.

(this could be doing it for 3>= or 2>= as well as long you rate below the threshold)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?