• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW HDR Merge Output

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that after taking a bracketed exposures and creating a HDR merge of the images the new file created loses some of the RAW edit tools. Is there a setting in Lightroom that will allow me to create merged photos and retain all of the RAW editing tools?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tools should all be the same, but you probably won’t see any of the history or adjustments from any of the multiple source images. It kind of gets reset. Is that what you mean? If not, which tools are missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally some efforts to apply develop mods prior to a Photo Merge, either HDR or PANO, will be ignored during the merge. Oh a few can be helpful, like lens correction for HDR, and spot healing for PANO,  but many (Tonality in HDR comes to mind) will be ignored.

see:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A merge to HDR or Panorama creates a DNG file. But is not technically a "RAW" file. It is (in my simple language) more like a TIFF enclosed in the DNG 'wrapper'.

This might explain the limits of "RAW editing tools".

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An HDR or panorama merge does demosaic the original raw files into a linear DNG file (I think I have that right), but just about all of the raw level edit controls should still be there. For the merged DNG, the range of adjustments should be the same as the original raws…it isn’t drastically restricted as it is when editing a non-raw format (TIFF, PSD, JPEG).

That’s why I asked for clarification about whether it was the tools themselves that are missing, or the adjustments made to the original raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What tools? The only tool I can think of is the 'Enhance' option (like AI Denoise), which is to be expected because the HDR image is indeed demosaiced.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines