• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW image cropped then exported as DNG, crop edits not saving

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I have a clinet who would prefer the photos as RAw or DNG so I have captured some photos and then cropped them and added some edits, in Lightroom. Now I want to export those to a file for delivery to the client, as DNG files. Can someone help me figire this out? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot edit DNG files. They are raw files and untouchable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i was wrong

How to open a DNG file.

Like other raw files, you can open DNG images using some of the most common photo viewing applications.

From your desktop or hard drive.
Use your normal photo viewing software to call up DNG files on Windows or Mac, such as Microsoft Photos, Apple Photos, and Apple Previews.

1. Right-click on the image on your desktop or file explorer window. (On Mac, that’s the Command button plus click.)
  2. Scroll down to Open With, then move right to see the list of programs that are set up to open DNG files.

How to create and edit a DNG file.

Open a DNG file in Adobe Photoshop by selecting the File menu, then Open. To save as a DNG file once you’ve finished editing, go back to the File menu and select Save.

You can return to edit the image at any time — just open Photoshop, select the File menu, and then Open to locate the DNG file in your file explorer window.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/file-types/image/raw/dng-file.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you export as DNG, the edits are included as XMP metadata.

They will not be visible in non-Adobe applications, like third party image viewers or for instance Windows Photos.

To include the edits in a high quality file, export as Tiff, which will bake the edits into the file.

Uncompressed tiffs are supported in most image viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines