• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-importing files

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did an improper import--my files went to my hard drive when they should have gone to my EXTERNAL HD.  I then did days of work on them.  Then I deleted the files from my HD, like a dope.  And so when I went to export, the files were missing.

Fortunately I still have the originals on my SD card.  So, is it possible to correctly re-import these files to my external HD without losing all of the adjustments which I have already done?  Thanks

LR 6.7, Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Again- Do NOT re-import!

You will find more info at- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

This will suggest the methods to re-link your catalog data with the files you copy from the SD card.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT re-import! Copy the files from your SD card to your external HD using your operating system. Then, in Lightroom, point the missing files to their location on your external HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again- Do NOT re-import!

You will find more info at- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

This will suggest the methods to re-link your catalog data with the files you copy from the SD card.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines