• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reduce Lightroom classic backup size?

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone....so I am starting to keep my lightroom classic backup file online, but the problem is the size is over 1GB. Is there a way to keep these backup files smaller so they dont take forever to upload?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of. But you really want to back up the catalog, all your images, presets, profiles and more and LR's backup schema doesn't do that. I keep all this on one dedicated drive and use Backblaze, all done automatically and pretty fast. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Completely agree with Digital Dog.

I also (conicidentally) use Backblaze for major catastrophy but I keep one hard drive (4 tb) for all of my images and a 2nd hard drive (4 tb) that backs up the first. I do this about once-a-week or sooner if I have a new big batch of images. To back up the images I use Chronosync, one of the best backup software on the Mac side of things. I'm sure a PC person can pipe up with a comparable PC Backup software if you need that.

Let me also add that for LRC and Photoshop to do their thing, I keep my internal hard drive no more than half full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines