Reinstalled Lightroom 3 but now not updating to 3.6

LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after a complete reinstall of my Windows 10 system I had to reinstall all my software. I have two Adobe apps, CS2 which is now completely uninstallable even though I have the original disc, and Lightroom 3 which I can reinstall from the original disc.

I also still have all the LR 3.x update downloads, so I thought after installing 3.0 OK I could then install 3.6 but after that install it wouldn't open. Then after uninstalling 3.6 and reinstalling 3.0 I tried the check for updates via the help menu but then get "The version check was unsuccessful" error. Have Adobe ruined this too?

TOPICS
Desktop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try setting Lightroom 3.6.exe to Windows 8 or 7 Compatibility Mode as outlined at the below article.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-change-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-windows-10-a.html#...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe retired legacy apps (Current version is 10) they stopped providing updates  and published links to the last update. You will need to contact Adobe directly to get a link to your legacy app

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about installing the updates sequentially.  Perhaps that long ago, the updates were not cumulative so that you might have had to install them one-at-a-time.  Frankly I’m surprised that they run at all on a modern operating system.  Lightroom 3.x is about 9 years out of date.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines