• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove photos in cloud from my computer

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photos are in Lightroom Classic CC. They've synced to the cloud. How can I have Lightroom remove them from my local hard drive and only store them in the cloud? I don't see this option in settings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

There is no way to store images from Classic in the cloud and not have them also on your computer. You can do that with LR-CC (newly released a week ago) and set the controls to not store the images on your computer. With that you can access all your images on your phone and/or tablet but at the same time you will lose some of the editing/enhancement capabilities provided with LR-Classic.

Is that the information you needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to store images from Classic in the cloud and not have them also on your computer. You can do that with LR-CC (newly released a week ago) and set the controls to not store the images on your computer. With that you can access all your images on your phone and/or tablet but at the same time you will lose some of the editing/enhancement capabilities provided with LR-Classic.

Is that the information you needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for a complete answer! Most helpful.

When I subscribed recently, the Adobe representative either gave me bad information or I misunderstood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respects to the Adobe rep, this release with the (too) similar names and widely overlapping abilities, it's very confusing for everyone. Eventually this will work out but admittedly, this is very complex and self-inflicted by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May be soon they will be merged in one product and solve some mis understandable problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what gary_sc has said you need to be aware that Lightroom Classic CC only stores smart previews of the collection folders that you sync to the cloud, they are not full resolution copies of your image files. The original image files are stored on your computer internal HDD, external HDD or network drive, where you choose to have them located at import.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines