• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieving images

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.1 update was uploaded last week and since then I have lost all my 2023 and 2024 images. Can I get them back and how? Can you please advise step by step as I get lost in the ether otherwise. I am on a pc with windows 10

Richard

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have made the common mistake of creating a new catalog instead of upgrading your existing catalog.

Find the old catalog and open it. You will be asked if you want to upgrade it, click yes.

Your photos are still stored on disk where they have been the whole time. They are not "in" Lightroom and they are not "in" the catalog. The catalog is a reference to the files on disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do what I normally do and there has been no problems. It is only since the update last week that I have lost images. I did what you suggested but I retrieved none of the lost images. When I did this the 2024 images that I reloaded disappeared again. I feel there is a bug in the latest update which is causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Where is your catalog located, What hard drive
  • Where are your photos located on, what hard drive(s)
  • Are your photos on multiple hard drives, if so, does the hard drive with the misbehaving photos have a problem
  • By missing 2023 and 2024 images, do you actually mean the folders are missing?
  • When you are looking in LrC for those photos, are you looking in the Folders Panel, or in a collection?
  • If you select All Photographs, (Library module, upper left, under Catalog)  are they missing?
  • Have you looked on your computer for another catalog, perhaps with similar name
  • In Lrc, /File/Open Recent/ are any other catalogs listed that might be the actually previously used catalog.
  • Related to the above, and a wild guess, in LrC /preferences/general/default catalog/ what have you selected in that box (default is most recent if I remember correctly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files are in Pictures on hard drive C. The folders are missing for those
years. I clicked on yes to update the catalogues and they still do not
show. This has only arisen since the update last week.

Richard Passey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked in Open recent and have found the latest catalogue but the 2023 folder is still not there. The default in preferences is load most recent catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like multiple catalogs. At some point you may have started a different catalog, or used an earlier catalog for a period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inquiry

Was this an update as in going from v 13.0.1 to v13.1

or was this an upgrade as in going from v12 to v13?

very different

An upgrade of LrC will require a upgrade of the catalog and that can run into problems.

A update would not.

You stated Update, what was your previous version (the number)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was from 13 to 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines