• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rob Cole has passed away

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fyi: As Jeffrey Friedl posted recently, Rob Cole has passed away in January 2015.
Rest in Peace, Rob!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here for where to download ExifTool: https://www.google.com/search?q=exiftool&oq=exiftool&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3j0j69i65.1742j0j4&sour...

Perhaps someone else can answer about ExifMeta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Though I'm not sure which one to download, and where I put it on a Mac. I downloaded the first file listed, and moved it to the 'ExifMeta.lrdevplugin' folder, but when I try to launch the plugin on Lightroom 5, it says "ExifTool Is Not Configured Correctly".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob's "DevMeta" and "DevMetaExtensions" don't seem to work with LR Classic 7.0.  Does anyone have a hack for the issue?  I'm not a modern developer (when I was a coder, computers filled whole rooms and Internet was something a fisherman would use) so please answer in "lay" terms. 

Also did I see that someone volunteered to take over Rob's plugin's?  Not sure I read that correctly.  After reading the lengthy thread I ventured over to Github and will try to download the ExifMeta from there.  Does anyone know if it is Classic 7.0 compatible?

Thanks -- Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one has volunteered publicly to maintain Rob's plugins. The old copies at Github are provided as a convenience only.  Please post back whatever you've observed about compatibility.

I wasn't in the beta program so I've just started using LR 7 myself with my many plugins. So far my customers and I haven't observed any incompatibilities (knock on wood).  It wouldn't surprise, though, if Rob's plugins are not completely compatible -- he often pushed the edges (and sometimes went beyond) what was officially supported in the LR SDK for plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhile ago I tired Rob Cole's OttoToner plug-in for LR. The functionality I was after was to enable Autotone to work while ignoring borders originating from copy shots or scans e.g. white borders from a scan. It was a work in progress at the time

so was a little clunky - essentially using an intermediate tif - I stopped using it but if anyone has any interest in exploroing further I'll post it to Github (not that I know how yet). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to Add the DevMeta plugin using the Plugin Manager all that happens is that I get a pop up saying "An Error Occurred while attempting to load this plug-in."  The only button is "OK".  There is no other info and I'm not aware if there is a debugging mode or something that can give more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody still have a copy of the rc_Stacker plugin, version 2.0 that they could get onto GitHub, or just contact me directly to work out delivery? Looking for a way to make stacks more "global" and that plugin sounded like exactly what I need. Just stumbling upon the Rob Cole saga and legacy. Sad all around. Thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sad to hear Rob has passed.  He was a great contributor.

Does anyone have a copy of his "Relocation Services" Lightroom plugin?  I have a catalog in which someone has dramatically changed the folder structure on disk, but not in Lightroom, and I'm trying to help them restore the file links in the catalog.  I've been using the "Find Missing File" option in the catalog, but that is painful for 20,000 images when you can only reconnect a few at a time.  Rob's plugin looked to undo some of the damage on the file system, after which we could do the moving from within Lightroom.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad news. Great Plugins.

Sorry, don’t have that particular plugin

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone by chance have Rob's UnDNG plugin that they could make available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom 5 recently crashed and I lost all plugins.  I have resurected most of them except Rob Cole's "RC Custom Metadata" plugin.  I usually back up stuff like original installation files but I can't seem to find them.  Does anyone have copies they could share?  I know this is a weird way to do things but desparate times need desparate measures.  Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Rob Cole's "RC Custom Metadata" plugin."

See here:

https://github.com/DaveBurns/rc_CustomMetadata

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave Burns. I was able to locate the missing rc_CustomMetadata files
on my hard drive and move them to a location that will get backed up. The
plugin is now installed and working correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Jeff Goulden Photography

Nature, Wildlife and Landscape Photography

www.JeffGouldenPhotography.com

EDIT BY MODERATOR - PHONE NUMBERS REMOVED. IT IS UNWISE TO POST PHONE NUMBERS OR EMAIL ADDRESSES AS THEY ARE PERSONAL SECURITY RISKS.

An adventure filled life is a life well lived - JG 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines