• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving from Photoshop to Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In several instances, I make edits in PS of several layers, filters, etc and then typically flatten the layers and then save back to LR Classic as a Tiff file.  Back in LR Classic, the saved document does not look the same as the edited PS document - loss of vibrancy, etc.  In the last instance, I deleted the saved LR document then went back into PS and again saved it but saved it back as a PSD file.  Then back in LR, the file looked fine - just like the PS edited document.  I have the latest updates.  Any ideas on why this happens?  I have always typically saved back to LR using Tiff.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"In the last instance, I deleted the saved LR document then went back into PS and again saved it but saved it back as a PSD file."

1. What if, instead of saving again as a PSD, you saved again as a TIFF, making sure to overwrite the existing TIFF.  Then in LR, select the TIFF and do Metadata > Read Metadata From File.  Does the TIFF now look correct?  (This will isolate whether the problem is saving in the TIFF format or something else.)

2. Before editing the image in PS, have you applied a creative profile to the photo in the Basic > Profile field of the Develop panel, something other than an Adobe... or Camera... profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like John Rellis mentioned, check your color profile set up.

This sort of problem most often happens with mis matched color profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines