Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saying Destination Folder isn't writable, but was working before

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to import photos into Lightroom Classic, but it will only get through about one or two photos until it comes up saying that it can't import the rest because the destination file is not writable. I am using the same external hard drive that I was before when I didn't have this issue, so I don't know what changed. There is still plenty of space left on the hard drive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the Destination folder has accidentally changed to point to some location that was not what you were using before. Please double check to make sure this hasn't happened.

Perhaps the Destination folder has accidentally changed to have only write permission. Please double check to make sure this hasn't happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The destination folder has not changed. I have given the drive all permissions and it still didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving the drive all permissions is not sufficient. You have to give the exact Destination FOLDER the proper permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not give me the option to give the drive, or the folder write permissions. The only options are read, change, or full control. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Full control includes write permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One oddity from the past, should have been fixed, but???

Is LrC correctly identifying that the issue is with the destination, when it is actually with the source. As in a SD card with the write protect tab on, or with files protected in camera?

Two things to try

• Check the card
  • Copy the files outside of LrC to the appropriate drive, then in LrC Import selecting ADD

Also, are you placing that SD card in a card reader? Or is this via USB to/from camera? If the latter, try the former.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am using a card reader and that has full control permissions as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines