Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shading calibration

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is it possible to calibrate a picture for uneven illumination? E.g.: If I want to show the structure of an oil painting, I have to light it mainly from one side, which mostly causes a falloff in lightness from one side to the other. My aim to overcome this, is to light the painting properly so it´s structures show in the right way, take a picture, take it off the wall an take a picture of a plain white board under the same lighting conditions. This latter photo should deliver me kind of a profile to correct the light falloff in Lightroom classic. It should do the same job as the lightness and colour part of a lens profile. Is it possible to apply that photo as a profile to the photo of the painting?

Thank you very much,

Gerhard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the Flat Field correction would work. See here

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/flat-field-correction.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My first thought is to use the gradient tool to adjust the brightness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines