• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing a Folder containing albums

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to share an album, directly from my Lightroom account, but I cannot share a Folder that contains 20 Albums. I could share each of the Albums individually, but that method would not be simple or easy for my end user. 

Is this possible?

Maybe Portfolio is the only way forwards?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Lightroom Classic (LrC icon)? Or Lightroom (Lr icon)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working from LrC on my desktop Mac and would like to be able to create a link to share a Folder of Albums on Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no albums in LrC. There is no such things as a "Folder of Albums". Please be more specific about what you are trying to do. Describe in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies dj_paige, I was looking at Lr and had forgotten that for some reason LrC calls a Folder a Collection Set and an Album a Collection. On LrC I have a Collection Set which contains 20 Collections; I would like to be able to share the Collection Set as a whole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware if syncing a Collection set, is possible in LrC. See the info at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/how-to/sync-photos-lightroom-mobile.html

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can share a Collection set. I think you have to choose to share each collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folders of albums (Collection Sets in LrC) cannot be shared from any of the Lightroom apps. The best that you can do is to place all 20 albums into a "Gallery", then share the Gallery link. Users receiving that link would be able to view all of the albums contained within the Gallery. 

The Gallery has to be created in the LrWeb interface, and its major drawback is that you can only have one Gallery active at a time, with apparently no easy way to delete it and create a new Gallery with a different link for sharing with a different set of viewers. You can remove albums from the Gallery, and add new ones, but it's always the same link as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all for your comments. I have eventually gone down the line of the Gallery in LrWeb and deleted an Album that was already in the Gallery and substituted it with the new one. It would certainly be great to be able to have different Galleries with different acces permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines