• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SHARING HI RES FILES ON LR MOBILE

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I enable hi res downloads when sharing files/catalog on LR mobile?

Im trying to send files to a client but they are not getting the full res files.

They are only 2048 wide and not print quality.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Hi Andrew,

This may be of interest:A RAW workflow on the iPad - my initial impressions  - The trouble currently is, to get to Lr Desktop, they have go via the Cloud so you have to regularly be near a good internet connection or have an iPad with loads of storage space (the photos can sync at a later date so it's best to leave them on SD also).

There is a request in for LAN syncing that you can add tour vote to:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom_mobile_local_sync

Other

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible at this time with Lightroom Mobile.

Use something like Dropbox or similar service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the files originally synced from Lr Desktop or imported through Lr Mobile or Lr Web?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, so as DJ says it's not possible.

This is because Lr Desktop only syncs lower res Smart Previews to the 'Cloud'.

You can import hi res files into Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and share them.

This however would probably break your Lr Desktop workflow (the hi res can sync back though) so maybe not advisable in most cases.

Worth knowing though as downloads from shares are now full res (maybe jpegs only?) and thus you wouldn't need an external application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean import edited  high res jpg files into LR mobile Ap?

this gallery has 270 images. At 3mb ea. Jpg  That's  Almost 1GB

a lot to import on my iPad!

full res raw files would be impossible on iPad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or import all raw files and share them only?

whold they be downloaded as jpg with edits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are in Lr Desktop and edited already then there isn't much you can do I think so follow DJ's advice.

It's possible you could try in the future with a couple of photos in a new Collection and see how it could work (mainly the sync back to Lr Desktop is the important thing).

Sorry, I mean upload through the web browser (at the link I gave) not the iPad.

Note: This is he original files before any edits are made.

It's a back to front way of working but maybe a possibility if you want to try to keep it in the Lr ecosystem.

Additionally you would need a decent broadband connection for the RAWS to sync back to Lr Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to upload via website, it's not working from my iPad! I can only create collections, but not upload files.

i would like to have an iPad only workflow as I travel a lot and don't want to take the laptop.

is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need a desktop or laptop to import your files. The iPad is for me a matter of facility, when I'm away for a shorter periode of time.

In your case, I would consider one of the smaller laptops from Apple or in the Windows area. You may also consider a Microsoft Surface tablet, which is a Windows computer and runs the full version of LR.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andrew,

This may be of interest:A RAW workflow on the iPad - my initial impressions  - The trouble currently is, to get to Lr Desktop, they have go via the Cloud so you have to regularly be near a good internet connection or have an iPad with loads of storage space (the photos can sync at a later date so it's best to leave them on SD also).

There is a request in for LAN syncing that you can add tour vote to:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom_mobile_local_sync

Other users do use the iPad but development wise it's in its infancy and also down to choice if want to deal with all the negative aspects.

If you want your iPad it's best to use the Lr Mobile App, but unfortunately they have to go to the Camera Roll first.

Hope this helps in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing files (final edits) with your customers should be done via the export feature. I export on dropbox or Google drive or other sharing space and send the link to the pictures.

My mobile envirnment is for my use also as a facility to edit pictures on the road, not for sharing with the customers.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines