• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show nested keywords for a filtered keyword

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared a copy of a catalog with a cousin to work on. We both have LR 6.14. Many keywords are nested into hierarchies.  When he filters on a keyword, he finds that keyword, but when he clicks on the triangle to show the nested keywords for that keyword, it only shows that keyword and not the nested keywords.  If he clears the filter, he can see all the keywords, as expected.  He can then browse down to find the desired keyword, and the nested keywords also display.

Looking in my original copy of the catalog, when I filter on a keyword, it and its nested keywords display as expected.  Why do his nested keywords not display the same way mine do when filtering on a top level keyword?  I can find no setting that might control this behavior.  I had him switch the View > Metadata property from  flat to Hierarchy, but that did not change this behavior.

When the filter keyword search field is empty, he can browse the whole list and see all the nested keywords, as expected, but he cannot see the nested keywords associated with a filtered keyword.

Also, when he adds a keyword inside a keyword, the new keyword does not initially show up nested when he saves it.  It is also not automatically added to the keyword tags for that photo.  He must manually add the new keyword to the tags after he has created the keyword.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?