• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow not working; nothing is particularly fast

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems with Slideshow in Lightroom Classic. I've got a brand new Mac with ample "power" (M3 Max, 64GB RAM and TBs of free SSD space) and the latest versions of MacOS and LIghtroom Classic.

But... instead of being blisteringly fast, exporting and creating previews doesn't feel any faster than the 10 year old laptop it's replaced, and Slideshow doesn't work at all. Can anyone help? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Okay, I've figured it out. I have to say, this was with no help from Adobe's customer support who spent an hour on my machine, mucking about with things, making claims that are just not true before I eventually had to call them out for not knowing what on earth they were talking about and kicking them off.

The solution in the end was that one of the songs I'd used in the slideshow wasn't working. It was good enough to play normally as a track, but presumably had sufficiently corrupted metadata o

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLease post your MACOS version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest versions. Brand new Mac, all updated.

So... MacOS Sonama 14.4.1. LRC 13.2 CameraRaw 16.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I've figured it out. I have to say, this was with no help from Adobe's customer support who spent an hour on my machine, mucking about with things, making claims that are just not true before I eventually had to call them out for not knowing what on earth they were talking about and kicking them off.

The solution in the end was that one of the songs I'd used in the slideshow wasn't working. It was good enough to play normally as a track, but presumably had sufficiently corrupted metadata or some other attribute that was crashing the Slideshow module if it was used anywhere in the track. Deleting the song and replacing it with another has fixed the issue and everything is now working as it should.

Things tried or claimed by the Adobe customer support human (all without success) included:

- just pressing play 10 times in a row expecting something different this time

- delete all your preferences you've spent 9 years getting how you want

- making LrC run in Rosetta emulation

- Slideshow only works with Collections (absolute rubbish)

- Slideshow won't work if it contains any photos that have been synced

It was these last two (blatantly wrong) claims that convinced by the guy had no idea what he was talking about so I kicked him off before he tried to delete all my syncing data.

But, anyway... final answer in my specific scenario was a corrupt music file in case anyone has a similar issue in the future and want something else to try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines