• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smooth scrolling Lightroom Classic library de-activated?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I was always a little disappointed with the mouse scrolling performance in the grid view of the Lightroom Classic library. 
It "jumps" from line to line, instead of scrolling smoothly, which makes it's quite difficult locating pictures while scrolling... 
But I always assumed there was some (technical) reason for that. 

Turn's out there isn't...(?)

When I have Chrome opened in the foreground I can scroll smoothly through my Lightroom Classic library in the background. As soon as I switch back to Lightroom Classic as my active task, scrolling is immediately "unsmoothed". 

(I have a Logitech Master MX and Smooth Scrolling activated, als well as the Logitec Smooth Scrolling chrome-plugin installed).

Is smooth scrolling deliberately de-activated in Lightroom Classic? If yes, WHY?

Or is there an option available to activate smooth scrolling in Lightroom Classic that I've missed?

As I searched the Internet for a solution, it didn't seem as if I was the the only one having this issue, but I guess everybody gave up a while ago (like me...).

What do you think? Can you replicate my "findings".

Or is there a reason for this behavior?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No??

Your question: 

"do you see any difference?"

To quote myself:

" The individual thumbnails - or the grid so to speak - stays in the eaxct same place. 

The funny thing is that , if the browser (Edge in my case) is active, LR scrolls smooth, but extremly fast, actually unusably fast."

Those are the things that are different to not enabling "scroll by row".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - there is no difference? 

or

"The individual thumbnails - or the grid so to speak - stays in the exact same place. "

I am sorry but I am not understanding.

Or, was "The individual thumbnails - or the grid so to speak - stays in the exact same place. " also the behavior with the option disabled?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

if the option is disabled, the grid/thumbnails are not staying in the exact same position during scrolling. But not staying in the exact same position actually is the precondition for smooth scrolling.

I have attached 2 videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enabling Scroll by row does not result in smooth scrolling.

If I now put Chrome in front, one click on the mouse wheel will scroll all the way down to the bottom of the library, like pressing the End key. Scrolling up one click takes you all the way to the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactely my observation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I found this thread. The issue is largely confined to the develop left and right panels, right mostly. The mouse is trying to grab the sliders as you scroll. The smart thing to do would be disable this when scrolling quickly and let people precious place the mouse on sliders they want to adjust. This is an extremely jarring change when it was implemented. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines