• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some features missing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so...I was happy with lightroom. I used version 2019 for years untill people told me I had to upgrade. So I did, all the way up to 2024.  And boy, am I sorry I did that. 

One vital tool seems to be missing. (Amongst other useless changes) I cant seem to change one single color  in the photo. In 2019 I could do that, simply with a slide. Sometimes the green is too bright, or another color, and that was easily corrected. But now, with 2024 I dont find a way to do that. What I do find is a whole load of useless changes, where I have to use a mask tool for stuff that was much easier and way faster in older versions. So Im confused. Why do that. Why make something that works, into something that works only half in twice as much time. Because the tools are far from easy to use, in fact, they are very sloppy. I cant seem to use local specific changes anyore, the subject is selected, with half the background and there is no real way to correct that or select a smaller spot. for some local editting. So there is no way around it, I am going back to 2019 or maybe another tool entirally. Cant revert back to it, because the catalog is altered so I have to start from scratch. Just cant get my head around it...why oh why....

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One vital tool seems to be missing. (Amongst other useless changes) I cant seem to change one single color in the photo.

This feature is not missing. Use the new Color Mixer panel in the Develop Module. Its in there, click on Mixer to get that tool. Although, honestly, the new Point Color tool not only does all of that plus a lot more, in a better interface.

Other changes, far from useless, add great value, I'm sure most other regular LrC users would agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry, I have not been able to find "better" anywhere in this version of Lightroom. And I AM a regular LrC user, with over 6000 photos every month. The color mixer panel is way to complicated to use for the simple little toning of one color.  The select tools for subject and background are VERY inacurate, and not visible without the "show Overlay" and cant be used with enlarged screen so I cant even correct it.  And what for...I dont need it, but I still have to use the mask stuff to get some things done. Other tools that I frequently use are made complicated and very time consuming for no reason at all, and with a lesser result.  I dont get how a company can make money with this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry, I have not been able to find "better" anywhere in this version of Lightroom.

Ok. Compared to LrC in 2019, I think most LrC users would not agree with you.

BTW, you are complaining about the Point Color tool, but I explained how to find the old Mixer tool (as per your original question).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know where to find it. In order to get to know LrC 2024 I watched a lot of video`s and read some stuff. Most people who make the video`s agree that this version is not very "precise" and therefor not  applicable. and one of them actually said he would not use most of the new features, and use photoshop instead.  After a few hundred photos in the new LrC I have to agree with him.  You say most users would agree with you. I beg to differ. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you could do with HSL in 2019, you can still do in 2024. HSL is simply renamed to Color Mixer, that's all. Nothing changed. The Color Mixer is indeed not very precise, and that is why Adobe added the Point Color tool. The latter is extremely precise, but you need to know how to work with it. If 'people' say that the Point Color tool is not very precise, I would say they need to learn how to use it before posting a video of it on YouTube.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color mixer panel is way to complicated to use for the simple little toning of one color.

By @nicole wiggerman

Just so we know we're talking about the same thing. This is what you think is too complicated? How would you like to simplify it?

color_mixer1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One vital tool seems to be missing. (Amongst other useless changes) I cant seem to change one single color  in the photo. In 2019 I could do that, simply with a slide

Ok, new way, very simple, some learning curve

1.png

2.png

3.png

But, if you want the old way, it is still available, simply change the method selection

4.png

5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant seem to use local specific changes anyore, the subject is selected, with half the background and there is no real way to correct that or select a smaller spot.

Well as to Subject mask. Yes it needs work, but it is not all that bad. Obviously some photos may work better than other.

As for corrections, Their is the Add and Subtract buttons, and you can use various brushes when accomplishing that.

Say I only wanted the stuffed bear on the left

6.png

I can select to Subtract, I then choose one of many brushes, in this case Brush

7.png

8.png

note, that my screen capture skills caused me to  loos the cursor in the above capture, so I edited it in (looks a bit abnormal)

So, easily fixed

9.png

Finished mask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as for specific presets.

10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, if Subject is really really bad, try Object instead

11.png

I think you need to question your sources of information, I think you need to look for better tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines