Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some Lightroom Classic not responding to commands

Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

For a couple of weeks now, when I'm using some editing tools, specially Radial Filter, Graduated Filter and less often Adjustment Brush, are acting out, no matter how I move the sliders nothing happens, also, the cursor 'goes nuts' going all over the screen like it has a mind of its own.

I can't edit any photo with all these going on.

Can someone help me?

Thank you,

Gigi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing lots of brushing and/or lots of radial filter on a photo when this happens? Or does this happen on the first use of one of these tools?

Are you using a wireless mouse, or a wired mouse? Are you using some sort of pen/tablet type of pointer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the times I'm doing maybe 3, 4 adjustments when this happens. Yes, I'm using a wireless mouse, and no sort of pen/tablet type of pointer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a wired mouse.

Turn off the GPU acceleration (Preferences->Performance Tab->Uncheck the box "use Graphics Processor")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know why this would be happening? Before I did not have this problem. What is GPU acceleration, wouldn't I need it for something else?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Regina+J.  wrote

Do you know why this would be happening?

I don't know what this question is referring to. The wired mouse or the GPU or something else?

What is GPU acceleration, wouldn't I need it for something else?

GPU acceleration speeds up some actions in the Develop Module, but slows down brushing. If your monitor is 4K or greater, it may help speed up most steps in the Develop Module, but will definitely slow down brushing. If your monitor is a 1920x1080 or thereabouts, GPU acceleration doesn't help in the Develop Module, and should always be turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I'll do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

So far I'm not having that problem anymore, but now the cursor keeps 'having its own mind' when I'm in Library Filter mode going through the photos. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I read through this thread, I do not see where you have tried the wired mouse to see if the problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this suggestion, but I'm not going to start using a wired mouse hoping Lightroom works right, it doesn't make sense to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The advice to try a wired mouse is meant as an experiment, to see if we can isolate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a hunch - slow graphic response waiting for the image info tooltips to  pop up, thereby delaying things, meanwhile your mouse has moved, so mouse motion appears erratic. You could try turning off in Library View Options/Grid view. Also try turning off "show  clickable items on mouseover only".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll try these tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines