• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony Lossless Compressed M & S

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced problems importing lossless compressed Medium and small images from Sony cameras (specifically Sony a7iv with new 1.10 firmware update). As I understand it, Adobe has not updated their programs (Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC) to hande these images. Can anyone help me confirm this? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of LrC? v11.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, version 11.5

Accrodng to Adobe, it is the latest version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed yes; newer firmware updates to the proprietary raws have been reported as problematic, and Adobe will need time to fix this. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I´m facing the same issue. After importing my Lossless Compressed M ARWs into Lightroom or Photoshop the violet stripes will chopp my picture apart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony messed up the firmware for one:
https://m.dpreview.com/news/1306204389/sony-re-releases-firmware-version-1-1-for-its-a7-iv-mirrorles...

Last month, Sony published then subsequently removed firmware version 1.1 for its a7 IV camera system. The update brought a collection of new and improved capabilities, but hours after its launch, some users noticed their cameras weren’t working after the update, effectively making their entire camera useless in some shooting modes.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So who needs to fix this issue now? Should I be waiting for new A7IV firmware update or new Lightroom/Photoshop/Camera Raw update? Couse I´ve updated my A7IV about 4 days ago. I´ve found that this problem occurs just when I shoot into the new Lossless ARWs. When I choose just compressed or uncompressed RAW, this issue will not appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So who needs to fix this issue now? Should I be waiting for new A7IV firmware update or new Lightroom/Photoshop/Camera Raw update? rs.

By @defaulth5o3sbz3zj59

My advise is, do not update the firmware. IF you did, the newer one (silly, same version number) is supposed to fix some issues but that toothpaste is out of the tube. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked several photographers about this same issue, I even got in contact with ADOBE support to report the issue, all say the same thing: wait until adobe has caught up with the latest RAW formats. According to adobe, they are working on it. How long will it take? no answer has been given on that front. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long will it take? no answer has been given on that front. 

By @Daniel26214914dzgs

Those that know can't say due to NDAs.

Those that don't know will say. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly yes, exactly the same issues new version Sony software in my A74 shooting lossless compressed Medium. I lost entire shoot corrupted with a Purple Haze and no software to my knowledge including Capture out there to read it. Lucky I shot jpeg on the other card.  Why would Sony release this ? PLEASE Don't use these setting guy's.

Has anyone else experienced problems importing lossless compressed Medium and small images from Sony cameras (specifically Sony a7iv with new 1.10 firmware update). As I understand it, Adobe has not updated their programs (Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC) to hande these images. Can anyone help me confirm this? 

By @Daniel26214914dzgs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is April 2023 and I just had the same issue of a purple file from Sony A7IV when uploading to Elements 2022 ---camera raw version 14.5. I can not get file to display the pink purple other than in Elements--- elsewhere it does says error of some sort.

I did not realize but format was in medium Lossless Compressed in my slot 2.  II had forgotten to return memory card to slot 1 so automatically went to slot 2 .Looks fine viewing in camera.  I updated recently to the latest software for the camera.  I noted when I shot in ASPC mode other day in slot 1, that it is in same medium format but those photos were fine.  Any suggestionshow to resolve this .  I do not think the newest  camera raw 15.2 is available for Elements 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Barbara224160921ej5 , Photoshop Elements 2022 shipped with Camera Raw 13 with the ability to update to 14.1. So if the issue with Sony cameras was fixed after the release of 14.1 then you will not be able to use your Sony special raw images.

Se info in the link below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/which-version-of-camera-raw/td-p/12594....

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was an update to the 14.5 version where I can at least open it but looks like below , I could only save to

a JPG format-- could not edit in raw though was visible.  

IMG_1054.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines