• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly all my collections disapeared! And i can even create a new collection,

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Help! Suddenly all my collections disapeared and i cant even create a new collection! Its like the "create new collection" doesnt work, and ive lost all my collections! im updated and tried closing, restarting, everything!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what Adobe application you are using, and a moderator will move your post to the correct forum.

This forum (Using the community) is for general forum issues, not for product support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, its Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us if your collections are missing from the Collections panel, or is the Collections panel itself missing? If the latter, that's easily fixed.....go to the menu bar>Window>Panels>click on Collections.

But if the panel is showing do you see your collections with a zero count, or are they simply not showing? Are you sure you are using the correct catalog, i.e. apart from the collections issue does everything else appear normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The collection panel is still there but all the collections are gone , and I can't create a new collection, click the button and it does nothing 

yes i am in the right catalog 😞 everything is gone , tryed everything and I just can't even create a new one to star over .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by resetting the preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

If that does not help, try if you can create collections in a new catalog, because your catalog may be corrupted.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I created a new cat and In the new one I can , but I need to rescue the prior one, is there a way if it indeed is corrupted ? Why did this happen ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most obvious way is to use a catalog backup. Did you make regular catalog backups?

I don't know why it happened, but file corruption can occur on a computer.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing to try first: close LrC, go to the catalog folder (the catalog folder of the troublesome catalog, not the newly created catalog) using Finder/File Explorer (not sure which OS you are using), locate and delete the "your catalog name Helper.lrdata" file/folder (nothing else, only the file/folder ending with "Helper.lrdata" then try to start LrC again using the problem catalog. If that doesn't help, then try the backup catalog as suggested by @JohanElzenga.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point. The corruption may be in the Helper file rather than in the catalog file, and Lightroom will simply rebuild that file if you remove it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines