Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switching from Bridge to Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For the last few years I used Bridge & Photoshop (which are up to date) to arrange, labeling & edit my photos. All of the photos (around 1.5 TB) are backed up on an external hard drive.

Recently I bought an iPad Pro and want to arrange & edit everything on the iPad, using lightroom and photoshop.

As I plugged in my hard drive to the iPad and opened lightroom, I saw none of my photos had any labels or ratings in lightroom (for example, if I had a photo labeled in bridge as "Approved" (a green label) - in lightroom the photo doesn't seem have a label). Also seems like the camera raw settings of my photos (which I set in bridge) does not exist in lightroom.

So my questions are:

1) How can I see the photos' labeles, ratings & camera raw settings (which I defined in bridge) in lightroom?
2) Can I edit photos in lightroom on my iPad straight from my hard drive, without importing them to lightroom cloud or so? ofcource I have too much photos to import them all.

*If that helps, I just downloaded a lightroom to my computer. Still, can't see any labels, ratings or camera raw settings in lightroom.

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

"Alternatively, import everything into Classic Lightroom and select the green labelled files there. Then add them to a new collection and set that selection so it syncs. The iPad will then be able to see that collection/album."

In my opinion if you want to edit your photos in Bridge, LrC and LR Mobile this is the only workflow that makes sense.

LrC maintains the folder structure used in Bridge and links the files using Lr Collections to LR Mobile Albums. This allows making edits in LR Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great explanation, thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines