• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronize folder is adding images and folders from other drives

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a strange issue when using "Synchronize Folder" in Lightroom Classic CC (7.5 release but it did this in previous releases too).

When I synchronize one of my folders, it searches my whole computer and all networked drives for photos and starts adding them to the catalog! In the dialog box that comes up it shows about 2811 photos to import (which would be about right), however in the import window the file count just keeps going up (I cancelled when it reached over 380,000 files to import). It does the same thing even if I choose a subfolder of this folder to synchronize.

I have 4 folders in my catalog. They're all subfolders of the same drive and all at the same level. The other 3 folders behave normally when using Synchronize Folder and only import any new images within the selected folder or subfolders.

I'm not sure why when I synchronize this particular folder it is bringing in extra files and folders from other drives. Shouldn't "Synchronize Folder..." only search the folder I have selected?

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

It seems that I've solved the problem. I'm not sure what the cause was but this is how I fixed it:

I individually synchronized all the subfolders of the folder that was causing the issue and eventually narrowed the problem down to 1 subfolder. I removed that folder from the catalogue (right click "Remove...") then synchronized the parent folder to add it back in and it's now working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan

Do have any links to LR forum threads in which this issue became apparent in LR 7.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony

No, I couldn't find any information about this issue. I just meant that I have had this issue for a while (including in previous versions), so it's not specific to the 7.5 release and updates haven't corrected it. I can't remember when it started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot of the Lightroom folder panel (with the folder that is doing this selected) and a screenshot of the consequent import dialog? It sounds like that for some reason the source folder gets deselected in the import dialog, and instead the root of your computer is selected.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems that I've solved the problem. I'm not sure what the cause was but this is how I fixed it:

I individually synchronized all the subfolders of the folder that was causing the issue and eventually narrowed the problem down to 1 subfolder. I removed that folder from the catalogue (right click "Remove...") then synchronized the parent folder to add it back in and it's now working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines