• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in verson 9.10 for full compatibility

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error message every time I open Photoshop from Lightroom after the recent updates of Lightroom(2015.10), Photoshop(2017.1.0), and Camera Raw(9.10.1.739).

Adobe Creative Cloud recognizes Camera Raw as up to date, but lightroom apparently does not.

I used the .zip file download for Camera raw to install it again, but I continue to get this error.

I have rebooted a couple of times, and still no change.

Anyone else see this issue, and know how to resolve it? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

MomaZunk  wrote

When will this be fixed....

It will be fixed when Adobe releases an update. In the meantime, you will have to deal with it just like the rest of us. Somebody made a mistake. The Camera Raw verification logic wasn't updated in the last release. It's unfortunate. But everything still works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one caught me too and I spent some time testing things as I assumed it was me. I understand that there is a simple fix but I'm really wondering what Adobe is doing with the money I send every month if they're not using some fraction of it for very basic functionality testing. This obviously isn't some edge case encountered by a few people, it's a fundamental flaw with a basic and common function. Seems like they could hire someone to run basic QA on software updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that 'everything works just fine'. When the raw file opens in PS, it is not in the ACR interface but in the general editing window. If I open raw files from Bridge, then they open in the ACR window ... both LR and PS show ACR version as 9.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SimonJD,

When you open a raw file in PS,  there has to be a raw interpreter read the raw and convert it to a pixel image.-

If you open it from Lightroom- Lightroom is the raw interpreter that converts the file to be edited in PS.

If you open it from Bridge- then PS has to use its raw interpreter ie.ACR, to render the raw into the pixel image.

If you open it from any File browser (Explorer/Finder)- then PS has to use its raw interpreter ie.ACR.

The 'bug' mentioned only affects opening raw files from Lightroom (to my knowledge)

And Yes- the 'Bug' referred to in  Camera Raw 9.10    will persist until Adobe send out an update.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a new Photoshop update on CC. Hopefully it will address this bug.

Cheers,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it's not a PS issue, I doubt ..

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  My Lightroom is doing the exact same thing.  I have also checked for updates and installed it manually.  Guess we will just have to wait until Adobe sends another update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Open Anyway" does start photoshop but then nothing happens... the file never opens in photoshop.  I have to select "Render using Lightroom" which defeats the purpose of working in raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back from the future… 😉 I’ve been hit by the similar problem. This time after updating Photoshop to version 23.4.1 and Camera Raw to version 14.1 (both 10 days ago), yesterday I’ve updated Lightroom Classic to version 11.4.1  and now I am getting this message:

ACR 14.4.1.png

 The Creative Cloud app doesn’t show any updates available. Pressing Check Updates button doesn’t reveal anything new. Fortunately Using Open Anyway button correctly launches Photoshop and opens the file, although I didn’t test any HDR, Panorama or other extra functions, just CR2 files from my Canon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time after updating Photoshop to version 23.4.1 and Camera Raw to version 14.1

By @Rafał Komorowski Foto

The current version of ACR is 14.4.1, did you type that incorrectly, or are you really using the wrong version?

If it was a typo and you have the correct version of ACR, then its probably this bug: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-mac-camera-raw-mismatch-being-reported-from-lrc-11-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a known issue, that should not last long. Lightroom Classic was updated to 11.4.1 to fix a few bugs, but ACR has not het been updated yet. That means there is now a (temporary) version mismatch. You can safely click 'Open anyway', because there is nothing in Lightroom Classic 11.4.1 that ACR does not understand.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines