• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring catalog and images from external hard drive to an internal drive

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I transfer a catalog with folders and images from an external drive to the internal drive on my MacBook Pro?  I was able to transfer the virtual images but not the actual images.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Mac Finder, copy-paste the folder tree that contains your images to the desired drive.

Using Mac Finder, copy paste the folder containing your *.LrCat catalog to the desired drive. Technically you could copy just the *.LrCat catalog file, but Lightroom would need to rebuild the LrData folders you did not copy.

Note: these are COPY commands not MOVE commands.

After the files are copied, you will need to go to the Folders panel in Lightroom and "relocate" or "find missing" on the top-most folder(s) that you transfered. (All the subfolders and files will be corrected automatically from there.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines