• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to add my pictures from my Mac Air to my iMAC

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was rather unorganised - my main stay is my iMAC & while i travel use my macair. But many times have imported the pics which i have on my laptop on my desktop 2 . However many times the mac air ( with an external drive) has pictures which need to be moved to the desktop. I tried using the import from another catalog option . I did the following - I copied the catalog from my macair on to the same external drive that has the pictures . Then i went to LR CC classic on my iMac & used the "import from another catalog"option selecting the cat file stored in my external drive . Selected the option " copy new photos to a new location & import" & chose the replace options "meta data & settings only " . Wolla press enter & it returns " Lightroom room cannot import this catalog because of unknown error " . Both the iMac & the Mac Air are running same LR classic CC versions . Am not able to proceed - need help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't need virtual copies, flagging or collection information, and just need your edits and metadata, you could always just save out the metadata XMP files. Select all the files in the Macbook Air catalogs and Command S to save metadata. Now just import the files with the desktop catalog.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines