• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two steps to choose Radial Gradient

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Since lr classic 2023 the interfase is just a nightmere. Everytime i want yo use the radial gradient i have to press 2 buttons...before i only had to press 1. Then again, when You have a radial gradient the buttons move and now if i want to place another i have to press 3 buttons insted of 2. 

Also, the buttons Noe are much smaller and have lots of wasted space. 

Imagine with 1000 photos doing this...it makes me want to switch to 2022

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Shift-M to add a new radial gradient with one key stroke.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is that shift m it's not a great combination, it's not confortable yo do with one hand...and the other thing is that it has to oppen every menu, so it lags more than when it was just a butrón. Maybe You have to wait like 0,5 seconds, but every second counts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"The thing is that shift m it's not a great combination, it's not comfortable to do with one hand"

Most keyboards have a Shift key on the right much closer to the M key. I have smaller hands, and it's easy for me to type Shift M using the right Shift key.

Alternatively, you could use the Any Shortcut plugin to change the shortcut to something else.

"it lags more than when it was just a button. Maybe You have to wait like 0,5 seconds, but every second counts"

It seems instantaneous on my 2023 Macbook Pro, but I'm sure the performance varies on different computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a design tradeoff. Masks got infinitely more powerful, with more types, but that made it more complicated to make any specific type. Yes, the design could be improved. And it would also help if Lightroom Classic had customizable keyboard shortcuts like many other pro Adobe apps do.

We don't know how long it will take for Adobe to improve this, but there is a possible workaround. If you need to make a radial gradient for 1000 images, it is mostly the same kind of radial gradient? Because if it is, you should create a preset for it.

If you create a preset containing the type of radial gradient you use most often, all you would have to do is a quick single click on that preset name in the Presets panel. Then you can simply change the radial gradient mask location or size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the thing is that everytime i want to move something i have to Open all those menus or ser them while they are opened.

I think they could have the same buttons as before and add the mask menu. I don't think it would be that hard to implement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think it necessarily has to take all of that work, just a little more training on the improved capabilities.

When I want to edit a radial gradient I press the keyboard shortcut for Tools > Masking, which opens the Masks panel. Now I can click any mask in that list. So (on my US English keyboard) it’s just Shift+W and click the mask I want to edit, takes less than one second. Super fast, for me at least.

The other thing about opening the Masking list is that at the same time, that highlights the mask markers on the canvas (if Show Edit Pins is enabled on the toolbar, or on the Tools > Tools Overlay submenu). So you can also ignore the list and simply click to select a radial gradient overlay marker on the picture itself. In this case that would be Shift+W and click to select a gradient edit pin on the picture, again that takes almost no time at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should have kept the "Creating the First Mask" and "Create New and Add Mask". menus the same.   The huge buttons are unnecessary and the submenus for Range are rediculous.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines