• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update from 6.5 to 6.12 with permanent license

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a Lr 6 upgrade in January 2016.

It seems that it only allows me to update up to Lr 6.5.

However I need Lr 6.7 to import the RAW files from my camera.

How can I add the ability to import more recent RAW files without going to the CC monthly subscription?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Thanks for the help.

Finally I could solve the problem via the following steps.

1. Backup catalog and presets.

2. Close Lr and Adobe CC Manager.

3. Download and install the latest Lightroom Installer from Download Photoshop Lightroom .

4. Download and install the latest Lr update (6.12) from the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you've tried Help > Updates already, you can manually download and install the 6.12 update from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom . Make sure you download the ​update, not the application installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install 6.12 update, but when executing AdobePatchInstaller.exe, a popup appears saying "This patch is not applicable for you...". I also tried with 6.7 update, which also triggers the same popup.

If I open Adobe CC, it doesn't offer me to update Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This patch is not applicable for you...".

Others have solved that problem by uninstalling LR and running the Adobe Cleaner tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.

Finally I could solve the problem via the following steps.

1. Backup catalog and presets.

2. Close Lr and Adobe CC Manager.

3. Download and install the latest Lightroom Installer from Download Photoshop Lightroom .

4. Download and install the latest Lr update (6.12) from the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem may also be caused if your operating system is not new enough, you may not be able to update.

Purchasing Lightroom CC isn't the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Win7 x64, 16 GB RAM, Lightroom version: 6.5 [ 1067055 ].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CC and 6 are basically the same. You will have the same problem.

Windows 7 (SP 1) is fully supported and should no pose a problem. BUT I have the case where on a certain configuration (and I do not yet know the cause), Lr does NOT upgrade to the latest version.

We have put many hours in this problem, and we know that it is not related to the firewall or virus check. We tried the installation on a blank computer and it went ahead without a problem. I still have a computer that I do not want to reinitialize, who does not install the latest version.

I’m still investigating. In the meantime, I’m sure that this is not a consolidation for you, but it may help getting knowledge of other software you have installed on your computer. We could then, may be, find common ground and detect the culprit of this. If you do not want this to be public, send me your software list as a private message. I will check and do some tests and come back to you. we will, when we find a solution, post the solution for this problem as to help other people in a similar situation.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines