Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Unable to validate serial number of LR6

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I need to reinstall my softwares on another Mac running MacOS Mojave and I am hitting troubles validating my paid version of LR6. I kept the installers of all my versions of LR (3.0, 5.0, 5.7, 6.0) and started from there. The installation process runs smoothly until it asks to check my product key. I enter it and it then says "please connect to the internet and retry". I am connected to the internet, that is not the issue. If I hit "connect later", it pretends installation is successful, but then when I try to launch LR6, it simultaneously launches Adobe Application Manager and display a "Sign in required" window. I sign in, accept the licence terms, and then comes back the "please connect to the internet to validate your serial number", and LR6 never launches. So it's circular.

I was advised to try the Offline Activation to generate a Request Code, but at no time during the installation process I see the link "I cannot connect to internet" or "Having trouble connecting to the internet", so I am stuck on that side too, I cannot register offline... 

Of course my licence is registered on the Adobe website (and LR6 is installed on another of my laptops), this is not the issue either.

Since I also have older versions of LR, I tried to install those and both LR5.0 and LR5.7 installed correctly. Thus the problem is specific to LR6.0.

Could you please help me with this issue? 

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to make sure your firewall is not blocking LR 6.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dj_paige, but how do I check that? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't answer more specifically, I don't have a Mac.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines