• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade path from Lightroom Perpetual to Classic discount

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have purchased Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 perpetual license, in 2018 or so.

Spend an hour with multiple support members.

Person 1: No response for 10 minutes and then disconnected

Person 2: Provided me with the link to download and test a non-functioning product (MacBook Air M2:Ventura 13.4.1) which Adobe is not supporting it anymore.

I was supposedly forwarded to a "dedicated department that handles the queries related to providing free credits and charges related issue".

Person 3: After repeating my case, this person indicates they only handle "Individual license" and not perpetual when I had requested to open a case to understand how Adobe is planning to support/transition customers like me?

It seems like customers like me are at a loss buying the product and Adobe won't be able to provide credits towards subscribing to the CC verson? 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you don't have wrote anything about your problem.

But I'll think you try to install Lightroom 6 on  MacOS Ventura 13.4.1. This doesn't work, because LR6 isn't compatible with the newer MacOS version. The installation program is a 32bit version and this version aren't supported und the newer MacOS.

One of the alternatives is to buy a subscription like the "Photographer Plan". Or in that case you don't wish a subscription you can change to Photoshop Elements. This is available as a perpetual license.

If I'm wrong then please post more details about your question/problem.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You expect credits because you spent some money on Lightroom five years ago? What you bought five years ago was a license to use that copy of Lightroom. You still have that license and you can still use it for as long as you like, but that means you need to use a computer and operating system that still supports it. You did not buy support for future computers and future system software five years ago.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You expect credits because you spent some money on Lightroom five years ago? What you bought five years ago was a license to use that copy of Lightroom. You still have that license and you can still use it for as long as you like, but that means you need to use a computer and operating system that still supports it." 

-- Thanks for rephrasing my ask. That's correct. I was opening up a conversation as a customer to see if Adobe supports the exchange. 

"You did not buy support for future computers and future system software five years ago."

-- I'd expect support team to have indicated that and not being tossed around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"You did not buy support for future computers and future system software five years ago."

-- I'd expect support team to have indicated that and not being tossed around. 

By @K28702028yrda

That's where we fully agree. Support should have told you right from the start that Adobe does not give credits to people who still use Lightroom 6, and should have explained why it is unreasonable to expect this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines