• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verticlal scroll bar scrolling

Participant ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr Classic vertical scroll bars have never had the normal increment one line at a time feature (triangle arrows at the top and bottom of the scroll bars), only the scrolling one screen at a time, or drag the bar up or down. It would improve scrolling if all the scroll bars could do the standard line by line scrolling.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never been very satisfied with scrolling in Grid view -- it's always been fussy.  But there are a couple of options for scrolling by row:

- Select a thumbnail in the last row and type down-arrow, or select one in the top row and type up-arrow. That will move up or down by exactly one row.

- Select the menu item View > Scroll By Row. Then the scroll wheel will move one row at a time, and the Page/Up Down keys will go one pageful at a time. Holding down shift, the scroll wheel will go one page at a time.  In this mode, if the bottom row of thumbnails is partially cut off, then scrolling down a page puts that partially cut off row at the top (in other words, you get to see each row in its entirety).  

This menu option doesn't affect the scroll bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes, I had already figured out your 1st suggestion. I hadn't thought about using the scroll wheel. I did the setting. My bigger concern, though, is scrolling in the right and left panels, especially in the keywords. It is really awkward trying to scroll just a few lines by dragging the bar. This is particularly a proplem when working with nesting keywords. It is also awkward when scrolling in the View Library filter items, such as the keyword list. All the scroll bars need to have the single increment feature which is a standard Windows feature. Why would Adobe leave it out? Very Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"All the scroll bars need to have the single increment feature which is a standard Windows feature. Why would Adobe leave it out?"

Most apps use existing toolkits of user-interface controls. But for a tangle of historical reasons, one being easier portability between Mac and Windows, LR built its own controls, some on top of standard operating-system controls, some from lower-level components. But at some point, the team ran out of steam -- it's a huge amount of work to get all polish and details right.  The biggest omission is that on Windows, many scrollable panels (Keyword List, Collections, Folders, Metadata browser columns) are limited in size to 32K pixels all, about 1500 lines of text, and LR will fail ungracefully when you try to display more lines (e.g. more than 1500 keywords).  The developers never finished those controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines