• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very Very blurry portraits

Participant ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen some portraits that are horribly blurry and wonder how this is achieved. I cannot obtain this with 
Topaz AI sharpen or denoise. Anyone know how this is done? An example of what someone did is shown below. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your question: can Lightroom Classic do this?

Or is your question broader, what software can do this? (In which case it doesn't belong in this forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is much broader, can you tell me which formu and move it fore me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely this is done with the blur tools in Photoshop.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add a blur effect in LrC using the Local controls. Drag a Linear Gradient off the image and use a negative Sharpening setting as shown below. If you need a stronger effect you'll need to export to PS and use its Blur tool.

Blur2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add -100 Clarity and -100 Texture and it starts to be quite blurry, but of course Photoshop can do much more than that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked and you can get a stronger blur effect in LrC by applying a Duplicate Mask with a negative Sharpening setting as shown below.

Blur3.jpg

Blur4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand the question? Are you wanting to make your photos blurry(to use your word), make the background blurry, or sharpen your photo?

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines