Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VSCO Missing profile LR CC Classic

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I recently updated my old LR (v5) to LR CC Classic (8.2) and reinstalled VSCO presets. The problem is that when I apply a VSCO preset (canon) in a raw file (canon) the VSCO camera profile is missing. And I cannot import them manually in the profile navigator.

I have checked that VSCO preset are correctly stored in my user library. In particular:

HD Mac / users / my user / Library / Application Support / adobe / camera raw

Camera profiles / Vsco film Canon profiles

Settings / Vsco film 1 / toolkit / toolikit color

My OS is Mojave and the library user is hidden. I have made it always visible.

I have tried different solutions from the forums but nothing works and I am a little bit desperate because VSCO are important in my workflow.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Paco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jao vdL - I am having issues with my camera profiles as above but thus far without fix.

For context:

Running Lightroom Classic CC 8.2

Using VSCO Presets

Have both VSCO Camera Profiles and camera-specific profiles downloaded from Nikon D810 camera profiles display posterized colors in Lightroom

Have uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom

In the Profile section in the Basic panel, the only profile in the dropdown menu is Matrix (which is a skewed, inaccurate profile). I have checked through the file directory as listed everywhere to access Application Support > Adobe > Camera Raw > Camera Profiles. The profiles I wish to have are stored in there as a .dcp file.

Other fixes have suggested copying the folder to a different location and using the 'Import Profile' option. However, when I navigate to the copied folder and try to import the .dcp file, I get an error saying "Import Profile: A Folder Cannot Be Created". I have checked the permission status on the folder.

Outside of this, I am really unsure what else I can try. It is obviously rather painful. Any advice you could offer would be enormously appreciated.

Thanks,

Spencer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the permissions on all the folders mentioned above. (There are

several locations). It sounds like the permissions on one of them is wrong

and Lightroom is not able to write an index file for your profiles which is

why you only see matrix. That only happens if it can’t make an index. You

should at least see all the system ones (adobe standard, adobe landscape,

etc) and the camera matching ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help. Might be a little more complex. I've got a FUji GFX 50R, which VSCO did not add any support for. Is there any way I can re-map the existing "GFX 50S" dcp files to the "GFX 50R"? I tried importing and whilst that works, it still shows up as "Profile is missing".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

olivier.sm  wrote

I need some help. Might be a little more complex. I've got a FUji GFX 50R, which VSCO did not add any support for. Is there any way I can re-map the existing "GFX 50S" dcp files to the "GFX 50R"? I tried importing and whilst that works, it still shows up as "Profile is missing".

This can be done using DNG profile editor (a download from Adobe Labs) but is not trivial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. Do you mind walking me through it? At least that way I can convert my most used ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, go to Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC​ (it's down the page a bit. Last release was 2012) and download DNG profile editor and install it. Export an image from your new camera to dng. Open this dng image in DNG profile editor. Than from the base profile popup in the color tables tab in profile editor, select "Choose external profile" and find the profile you want to apply to the new camera. The dng preview should change to the look of the profile you selected. Than from the file menu select "Export profile" (the camera name should show up) and export a new camera profile to the Desktop and then import this profile into Lightroom. You probably have to make sure the name of the new profile is exactly what the preset from VSCO expects for it to work with the presets but it should always work for files from the camera no matter what you name it from the profile browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually i am having the same problem as @olivier.sm i upgraded my camera and its not being supported.

I followed the steps..but it still shows profile missing. Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jbriscoe! Any chance you could share these .dcp files with me for VSCO 1&2?? For some reason, I can't find them where @jao_vdl mentioned? HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jao vdL but it unfortunately still doesn't work for me...

When trying to import the profiles from the desktop, I get an error saying: "Import Profiles - A folder could not be created."

I've tried relaunching Lightroom but it didn't help unfortunately. So I guess it's not being able to create that "Profiles" section in the profile browser for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do this, I see no .dcp files anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kirstenmavric  wrote

When I do this, I see no .dcp files anywhere.

They don't always seem to be in the same place. The above instructions should work in most cases but none of this is supported by anybody unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I spent two hours yesterday with the Adobe support person taking over my Mac remotely, only to find out that there is no way to get the VSCO 01 presets to function now without the dcp profiles.

When VSCO prompted us in 2016 to re-download our presets, they weren't super clear about the fact that because LR had changed the way it now handles presets, we would HAVE to have the dcp profiles in order for the presets to work in the newer LR Classic versions. Therefore I didn't re-download them at the time. My friend kindly sent me the ones she downloaded in 2016, but it is in the form of an installer that will not function for me. The error message is as follows: "vscofilm-pro01CL-osx” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed."

Is there any way around this? Or can I be cheeky and ask if someone could please email me the VSCO 01 .dcp profiles from their Camera Raw folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed the VSCO stuff is using the old method of having a preset coupled

with a eco file. You need both. This whole thread was about how to get the

dcp files installed in newer versions of Lightroom.

If you trust the source of the installer file you received, you can get it

to run by control clicking it (or right clicking if you set up right click

on your Mac). You will get the same dialog as before but now you can

override it by clicking open.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 7:17 AM kirstenmavric <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That almost worked! It's not accepting my license key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can't help with that. I also don't have any of these profiles so can't share them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, someone told me to do this, "If you have purchased them earlier, there is still a possibility to download them and get shown your license number, as posted in this forum on 04-27-19: Just go to shop.vsco.co and login. On the upper left you have "my products" or "my purchases" and click on it. There you have all your packs on your account including the serial number"

And it WORKED! .... For about a week. Suddenly this morning, my Classic CC is showing the VSCO presets as greyed out again. This time I re-downloaded the installer from VSCO, ran it, put in the licence key. All went well. I restarted LR and my iMac and the issue is still there. I went to File - Install Develop Presets and Profiles, browsed to my Library folder with the new dcp profiles inside. Installed them. LR said, "Please wait until the Import is complete' and then that little window disappeared. Nothing has changed!!!

I'm stumpted now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million, this did the trick to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. I've followed as many tips as I can from this thread and still every single VSCO preset is greyed out. Even the new presets I've ever created that were tweaked versions of VSCO are greyed out. This is incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you figure this out. I have the same problem as you. Thanks, Polly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update on this issue?  i just updated my LR and is experiencing the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I was able to figure out a solution tonight. I hope it will help you as well! Here is what I did to transfer the VSCO profiles as well as the preset profiles that I personally created from VSCO:

1. On current computer (in LR) click on Lightroom Classic- Preferences- Show Lightroom Develop Presets

2. When the new window opens, scroll up and you will see "Camera Profiles" (on my new computer this folder was currently empty).

3. Hop over to the old computer + Lightroom, go to to the "Camera Profiles" the exact same way and you will see ALL of the vsco profiles!

4. Click the folder (on old computer) and air drop the files to the new.

5. On the new computer, open up the Camera Profile folder and paste your profiles (they will be DCP. file types).

I hope this was helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!! 
Thank you for your help but it does not work.. 
Dit you try it by yourselfe? 

I tried many ways but it does nit work.

Best Martin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hav ethe same problem with D850 and z6, any soloution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines