• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happens if I "Delete All Synced Data" in Lightroom Classic?

Participant ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've googled around for this and only see instructios on how to do it, not specifics on what does and does not happen...

If I do "Delete All Synced Data" will the folders I've created in LrC desktop (which are set to sync) be removed or deleted? Or just see that LrMobile and Lr desktop no longer have any data?

If the folders all stay, will I have to go back and turn "sync" back on with each of them again?

Just trying to understand what work I have to redo if I use this option to try and resolve perpetual sync problems.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did Delete All Synced Data the other day, and nothing was lost.

What did happen was Lightroom Classic acted like it was re-listing all of the synced images, because it would tell me how many were left to process, and it took around a minute.

I’m just guessing here, but because the catalog has a record of which colllections and images are synced, and cloud Lightroom Photos has its own record of which albums and images are synced, maybe Delete All Synced Data just compares them and works out which differences need to be resolved in which direction, to come up with a new and up-to-date record of the sync state of each image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Helpful. I tried this and, unfortunately, it did not fix my issue of constantly "Waiting for Settings" when viewing photos on Lr Mobile or Lr desktop. Virtually all photos with edits do not show the edits.

I have manually make additional edits to every single one of them to "jump start" (my terminology) the sync process to work again... until it doesn't. v13 is just broken when it comes to sync, at least for me.

Back to the drawing board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I think sync is broken in LrC 13.1 worse than it has ever been. My "Syncing NNN files" popup kept going up with every batch of photos I would add. When it got to "Syncing 2,500 files", I decided to delete the Sync.lrdata file as some recommend. I think "Delete All Synced Data" may do the same, but don't quote me on it, I am looking for answers myself. Once I deleted Sync.lrdata, LrC started with "Syncing 258,121 photos" and crept down to "Syncing 252,245 photos" and got stuck. I have repeated the process several times. Each time, the most recent photos and edits do sync, but the process always stalls with a very high residual count, and the new edits don't sync anymore until the next delete-resync cycle. I have also cliked Option+"Rebuild Sync Data" twice. I never found out out what it does. It warnes it's going to take a long time, pauses sync, restarts LrC, and that's all the visible actions. The sync never came back on after that, so I unpaused it myself after 24+ hours. I don't even know if "Rebuild Sync Data" completed, failed, got interrupted by me or still running. For all I know, it may be getting stuck for the exact same reason why the "Syncing 246,606 files" gets stuck. But what is the reason?

Adobe employees in these forums are not answering my questions about "Rebuild Sync Data" or any of this. I would be embarrased to be an Adobe employee at this time, too.

At ths point, to flush through the receint edits, I am going to click "Delete All Synced Data". It can't get any worse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, as an another poster mentioned below, clicking the dreaded "Delete All..." button in LrC 13.1 simply brings up the dialog 

alexeit20270339_0-1707236136337.png

The other poster said he clicked it and got a broken page. I don't even want to click it. I don't want anything deleted from the cloud. As far as I know, only my cloud library is whole. It is the LrC works that I need flushed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Delete all synced data" is useful sometimes when sync gets stuck or stops working altogether. It does just as it says and removes all the syncing-related data. Then it re-syncs from scratch, building a new database for the sync management.

In the resyncing process, if you do it right away as Conrad mentions, it should be fast because the files you previously synced are still in Lr Cloud. I'm not sure what would happen if you left it for a long time; probably the files in the cloud would eventually get deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having sync issues so when I try "delete All Synced Data" it pops up and a message telling me to go to the web to delete the data. When I go to the web it says Page not found.

MAC 14.1.1 and latest version of LR Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines