• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What new features in Lightroom 6 ?

Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe Photoshop Lightoom 6 expected to be released later this year, what new featured would you like to see in the new version ?.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Robert Frost wrote:

Isn't it about time this thread was closed, and a new one opened for LR7?

Bob Frost

Bit hard to know what to ask for in Lightroom 7 when 6 is not out yet....

But quite happy to lock this...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 415 Replies 415
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one mate, thanks. Glad to see I'm not alone in wanting this. Hope we get to see it in a future version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TallButHappy wrote:

Glad to see I'm not alone in wanting this.

The script is perfect for me, so I'm not really wanting, but for the sake of people who aren't comfortable using the script, I do support native implementation.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like them to train their basic lens adjustment algorithms on some interior images. Or offer us a tool similar to the straighten tool that lets you draw 2 lines on edges that should be straight and parrallel and bobs your uncle.

Arguably quicker than clicking on auto, vertical, clicking off, going to the manual pallette farting around with fiddly sliders

(I do a lot of straightening interior shots. Can you tell?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to sort my photos by "crop". I would like to select all verticals or horizontals or square for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonathanb60200537 wrote:

I would like to sort my photos by "crop". I would like to select all verticals or horizontals or square for example.

Lr (natively) supports sorting and filtering by aspect ratio - is that not what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonathanb60200537 wrote:

Is this because you want to have a set width (or height) for any image regardless of orientation. I know that's useful for Wordpress blogs. You can do that in export by checking resize, select width and height, set the desired fixed width (or height) and make sure the other is blank, not 0. It's a bit cryptic, but it works.

I discovered that when I needed to set images to 1080 width to use on an HD TV window display slideshow. Saved me a bunch of time, as Lightroom continues to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems those using 32bit systems won't benefit from any new LR 6 features. It doesn't really surprise me: Since upgrading to a D610, 32bit LR has been unable to cope with the significantly larger files. Seems, where LR is concerned, 64bit's where it's at!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KevetS wrote:

Seems those using 32bit systems won't benefit from any new LR 6 features.

That may not be entirely true.

KevetS wrote:

Seems, where LR is concerned, 64bit's where it's at!

No argument.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob Cole wrote:

KevetS wrote:

Seems those using 32bit systems won't benefit from any new LR 6 features.

That may not be entirely true.

How so?

For those that haven't seen (Adobe does seem to like hiding stuff):

Update on OS Support for Next Version of Lightroom

We are hard at work on the next major release of Lightroom, and wanted to share some information on operating system requirements in order to give everyone time to prepare for the release.

In order to leverage the latest operating system features and technologies, Lightroom 6 will require Mac OS X 10.8 or above, or a 64 bit version of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1. Focusing our work on more modern operating systems and architectures allows us to spend more time adding functionality requested by users, including additional advanced imaging features and improving general application performance.

If you are on Mac OS X 10.7, or a 32 bit version of Windows, you will continue to be able to install and run Lightroom 5 and use Lightroom mobile. However, you will not be able to install Lightroom 6 until you upgrade to a supported operating system.

If you are currently running Mac OS X 10.7, Apple offers a free upgrade (here) to a more current operating system. For Windows users, Microsoft has a how-to reference (here) to help you determine whether you are running a 32 or 64 bit version of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't realize Adobe was withdrawing 32-bit support and misunderstood your post - please disregard my last post.

Thanks for the clarification.

~R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KevetS wrote:

For those that haven't seen (Adobe does seem to like hiding stuff):

You mean by posting it on the Public Lightroom Blog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HDR feature inside lightroom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see HDR proccessing for bracketed photos in lightroom itself. No more exporting to photomatix or hd pro or any other softwares. This would be a massive improvement for landscape photographers. I make 32 bit files when merging bracketed shots and it is a pain to wait for photoshop to merge the 32 bit file and then re-open it in lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the most important ones are performance and robustness, the rest are frills

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must agree, Fredrick - God forbid that Adobe succumbs to the pressure of the requests for some of the bells and whistles on this thread that have no place in a Raw converter, especially when they're functions which are readily available in dedicated (and therefore much better at it than Lr would be) software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the photo club competition software in the market is clanky, and not available on a Mac platform! 

I'm on the committee of Wallingford Photographic Club in UK and probably 70% of members use Lightroom - partially due to me - as I give local tutorials on LR.

What I would really like to see in LR6 is with the Slideshow Module there an optional 2 digit field where a score could be entered.  This field would probably sit in one corner of the screen.  Most clubs - certainly in the UK score images from 0 to 20.  At the end of the scoring, the audience would be given a showing of images scoring 18, 19 and 20, hence a simple filter is required. There is also the requirement to hold back an image(s) where the judge has not quite decided on the score and needs a little more time.  So an "H" or "X" whatever for an additional filter would be required.....

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 Items that will hugely help:

PLEASE work on the performance - lightroom has gotten progressively slower since LR3 and I now have to use photomechanic as a pre-curser to LR.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make adjustments to the auto-tone feature.  This could be one of the most powerful and time saving features if it worked well.  Potentially allowing users to customize some of the defaults for how it autotones would be great (i.e. face recognition and auto-exposure on faces)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be an easy way to do tethered shooting with a canon 70d and other new camera in  lr6?  There has been various workarounds in various forums etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, totally agree on the point that performances improvement is the most important need.

But I'd like to suggest a little improvement to the interface.

In a constant search for the optimization of the space occupied by the interface of different software in the last years (for example the great job of google with chrome that has no menu bars and has tabs titles integrates in the top bar), I find really ridiculous that in Lightroom you have that totally useless 2cm-thick bar for the choice of the module.

That's a total waste of space! I always work with that bar hidden and choose the modules by the keyboard shortcuts, but I'm sure Adobe can do better with that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to share/sync a photo database on a network share across multiple computers!  Many of us have multiple computers or share with our family members.  It's annoying that all the photos are up on the NAS, but the databases are all separate.  One person imports photos on their computer to the NAS and the other person doesn't know they exist because they are on a different computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to see something the same a Natural Clarity in Capture One 8. I have just tried the trial version and the Natural Clarity tool is a stand out. It's amazing. I prefer to use Lightroom though I think it has a nice flow....maybe I am just used to it...but that would make it one the best I think...I don't really want to go over and learn and use Ps ....I like Lightroom...I just can't get my images as sharp and clear as that Natural Clarity tool can. Also cmyk support for proofing. I also love Topaz Labs plugin for Lightroom called Detail. I found this was great a tool, would love to see something the same added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like some new features in the Book module which I find very useful but lacking some 'essentials':

Spell check

Text flow page-to-page

Ability to move template layers backwards and forwards for easier access

Adjustable gutter width for double spreads

A user guide to making complex templates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see:

1) the Crop overlays available also as Loupe overlays (without the cropping functionality)

2) separate fields to store when an image was rated and when an image flagged (with this I mean different from the Edit Date)

3) the ability to create smart collections on the any type of adjustment made to a file

4) a clearer and linked way of separating files created for reproduction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DIrect import of Nikon raw NEF files from the Nikon D810  (without requiring any DNF conversion of the raw files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ellendw wrote:

DIrect import of Nikon raw NEF files from the Nikon D810  (without requiring any DNF conversion of the raw files)

It's already supported as of 5.6: Camera Raw plug-in | Supported cameras

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines