• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I import a picture in lightroom I see different colors than the original of the camera

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a picture in lightroom I see different colors than the original of the camera. If I export it I see different colors another time. At the end I have 3 different pictures with 3 different colors: the original ones, the lightroom ones and the export ones. What I have to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're seeing a shift in color for your images imported from camera. I'd recommend that you checkout this discussion that provides a lot of information around the change of color in Lightroom before and after exporting them: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-changes-the-appearance-of-my-images-after...

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're seeing a shift in color for your images imported from camera. I'd recommend that you checkout this discussion that provides a lot of information around the change of color in Lightroom before and after exporting them: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-changes-the-appearance-of-my-images-after...

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reply from Akash refers to a very long discussion that takes a while to get into the substance of it. 

Several things can can lead to this and more information might help to narrow down the problem: what monitor do you use (and is it wide gamut)?  Is it calbrated and profiled (with a hardware colorimeter - i1 display pro, Spyder or similar)?  What software do you use to display the image after you export it?  What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows 10 and the normal photo viewer of windows and ky monitor is a laptop monitor calibrated by the spider 5 pro. I have this pc since semptember and I didn't have any problem, but someday I saw this shift in the colors, but I didn't change anything in the lightroom settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The W10 "Photos" app is not colour managed.  That's the one that shows "Photos - " before the image in the title bar.  That would certainly explain why viewing exported jpegs won't look the same as in Lightroom.

The old W7 "Windows Photo Viewer" is colour managed.  It comes in W10 but is usually not enabled to display jpegs in W10.  Google "how to use windows photo view in windows 10" to restore it (needs a simple registry patch) or use another photo viewer that is colour managed. 

When you say that the colours in Lightroom aren't the same as the original of the camera, how are you looking at the original image from the camera?  For example, are you shooting jpeg and comparing the jpegs out of the camera with the image after importing into Lightroom?  Perhaps you could expand on that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom vision.jpgoriginal exported from lightroom viewer.jpgoriginal from camera viewer.jpg

the first one is what i see in lightroom, the second one is the original photo exported from lightrom, the third one is the original photo from camera. Everithing in jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, the viewer you're using is in English the Photos app, which isn't colour-managed.  That will explain why the 1st and  2nd images aren't the same.  I suggest using a different viewer such as the Windows Photo Viewer.

However, if you have not done any edits in Lightroom, then images 2 and 3 should look the same, even in the Photos app (Foto on your computer).  When you import images into Lightroom, check that no presets are being applied.  You importing jpeg?  For jpeg images, when imported into Lightroom they should look the same as the original unless some preset has been applied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines