Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't mind my previous comments they are aimed people who talk down to others from their first sentence for no real reason, even before you mentioned your background i knew you had industry experience. I studied engineering my self so I'm technical in another kind of way.

Intel began the process and Amd who purchased ATI is working on it as well, Nvidia is the only one that seems left in the cold because they can't break into the mainstream CPU market it isn't their core business so they are concentrating on mobile and tablet i think and hoping for the best.

I don't think Adobe will have issues with drivers because they keep their products current, Apple deals differently with graphics, I'm on a mac myself and we don't update drivers, Apple releases intermittent patches which everyone downloads and once a year they give away their operating system for free so a lot of people have the same OS version, Windows is the real headache and I'm glad i left it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the following was hilarious:

When will Lightroom 4.2 be officially released?

"The only "official" answer you will get, if there is one, is that it will be released when it is released. It's as simple as that. Adobe does not announce release dates or progress reports. When you know when the release date is, so will everyone else because it will have been released."

Some one's been playing the same record for 3 years straight.

The future of Adobe forums:

When will Lightroom 4.2 be officially released?

"The only "official" answer you will get, if there is one, is that it will be released when it is released. It's as simple as that. Adobe does not announce release dates or progress reports. When you know when the release date is, so will everyone else because it will have been released."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

obsidiane82719681 wrote:

Some one's been playing the same record for 3 years straight.

And you're still not seeing the trend we've been pointing out all along?

Adobe ain't going to change the habits of a lifetime to suit you.

Incidentally - head over to the Phase One forums and ask when Capture One Pro 9 is coming - see what reaction you get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel dumber just by reading that, Your not ADOBE so stop talking from their perspective. The gaming industry which invented those lines your rehashing stopped using them a long time ago and adopted a more open stance on development, being inclusive garners product affinity and increases fan base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Okay, what should have been the answer to these questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something reasonably toned, not a response telling you, you did something wrong by asking. These posts are the most important posts on Adobe forums not because they are the most helpful or the most interesting, but because when a person comes here asking about a technical issue they already purchased the product, but when they ask about a release date they are new customers looking to buy.

Scaring them off with ill mannered responses only hurts Adobe in the long run, essentially they come of looking like EA, we are to rich to care. The response should be in terms of this is what we know so far, not "ALL SPEECH IS BANNED" until almighty ADOBE graces us with their presence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - "Moron" here.

They haven't banned you yet, then?

See the three "+" signs under John's name? That's an indication of the degree of gratitude and appreciation other site users have expressed for the help and expertise John has shared on the forum: he's forgotten more than you'll ever know about all things Lightroom, and the last thing he needs to do is "understand a little better" the nonsense he's challenging.

For the avoidance of any doubt, nobody - not the users on here, not Adobe - cares what you think about what Adobe should be doing or how it should be doing it.

Can I expect more abusive personal messages now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moron, you abuse people in public and then expect them to back down. I don't care how many stars anyone has next to their name that isn't their iQ or a badge that makes anything they said automatically right....why don't you let it go like you promised...be a good boy now...

This is seriously the most hostile and retarded forum i have ever visited, nearly every single reply has been an attack it's really astounding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith_Reeder wrote:

Hi - "Moron" here.

They haven't banned you yet, then?

Easy, Easy

You could write a theses on the holes in his replies, but it's not worth wasting anymore time or getting banned over. 

The original question was "When will Lightroom 6 be released", answer "The release date of LR6 has not been confirmed" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you speak in cliches for the sake of sounding like you won something, plenty of pit bulls around here it seems not to many brains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 30/03/2015 13:03, bitm07 wrote:

When will Lightroom 6 be released

created by bitm07 in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Easy, Easy

Oh, I'm not calling him a moron - I'm simply reminding him of the flattering epithet he chose to title the PMs he has sent my way, so that he knows who he's "talking" to...

--
Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as Adobe feels it is ready to be released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap, I came here from a Google search for "Lightroom 6 Release Date", genuinely wondering if anyone knew when it would be released.   After scrolling down through all this nonsense I feel a little like I need a shower now. 

It seems to me that this thread could be two entries long: 
1. The question "when will it be out?"
and
2: The answer "nobody knows and nobody will know until it is released,,, and those that do know are bound by an NDA"

...... all this extra nonsense is just plain silly.   But I hope y'all had fun.

Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allen Rockwell wrote:

Holy crap, I came here from a Google search for "Lightroom 6 Release Date", genuinely wondering if anyone knew when it would be released.   After scrolling down through all this nonsense I feel a little like I need a shower now.

It seems to me that this thread could be two entries long: 
1. The question "when will it be out?"
and
2: The answer "nobody knows and nobody will know until it is released,,, and those that do know are bound by an NDA"

...... all this extra nonsense is just plain silly.   But I hope y'all had fun.

Thanks for the info.

Exactly, anything else should be addressed in a different thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Allen,

Great insight.  The problem is that some participants in this forum won't accept the correct answer.  Just because they don't like the answer doesn't make it incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty ironic you have a black and white world view when this is a forum dedicated to creating color.

Simply saying Adobe hasn't announced anything yet is enough for your line of reasoning, instead we get an entire indoctrination package about not asking questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it about time for you to realize that those who know the release date can't say and that everything else is just idle chatter/speculation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im more surprised you think i don't know that already, is it a challenge for average people to understand something so simple that you feel it needs to be explained over and over. Rather the conversion is regarding higher values which most don't seem capable of perceiving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know Adobe's original planned release date for LR6, but it's pretty clear they've missed it and IMHO that's a good thing! LR5 was released prematurely before sufficient testing was done to uncover some pretty bad bugs that caused Spot Clone feathering and Constrain to Crop settings to be lost with earlier version catalog conversions (self included). Engineers want to test their designs; Marketing wants to sell new products; Management wants to reduce development costs. Let's hear it for Engineering......I'd rather have a stable product.....even if LR6 isn't released until this Summer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They said they are focusing on 64bit to add new features, you think thats whats holding them up?

It would be nice if they at least announced the quarter it was to be released in, that is a broad enough time range for most company delays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't believe that 64-bit is a major issue. But considering that Lightroom Mobile is now supporting iOS as well as android phones, there might be issues there that they are trying to resolve. And then Nikon releases a new major camera, the D7200 right in the middle of their development process. Can you imagine the heat Adobe would take if they released Lightroom 6 without support for that camera? Lightroom has become seemingly more and more complex. Android users are going to be angry if there isn't support for tablets. And Windows users are going to be angry if there isn't support for Windows tablets. There are a lot of things on the plate. Of course, I have no insight as to what will or will not be in Lightroom 6. But the longer it takes Adobe to release it, the more likely it seems that it will make more people happy. This whole raw development process is kind of a mess because of proprietary raw formats. Maybe the whole thing will change someday. I think it's best to just sit back and not worry about when Lightroom 6 is coming. We might as well, because it's really all we can do anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We may not like it, but Adobe has maintained a policy of never announcing release dates in advance. Some of these discussions about Lightroom 6 turn into childish rants. And some people will never be satisfied. When Lightroom 6 is finally released we will then get a barrage of "I can't believe Lightroom doesn't do (what ever)". Some users simply cannot be satisfied. You can ask the question all you want about when Lightroom 6 will be released. But there is no answer. There really is no answer. Anyone who knows is prohibited by nondisclosure agreements to say anything. And anything else is pure conjecture. I don't know of anywhere that Adobe has indicated even a hint of a release date. The rumors have been started by others, and a lot of people love to cling to those rumors as actual fact. You know, it's the idea that you can believe anything that you read on the Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines