• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Lr 5 support the new Canon 7D Mark II?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the Canon 7D Mark II today!!! So far I am very impressed with it but I shot everything in RAW. I guess will have to use the Canon software to convert the files. I don't like that software so I'm hoping that Adobe has an update soon!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Native Lightroom support for the D750 was added in the Lightroom 5.7 update released this evening.

Release details:

Lightroom 5.7: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/11/lightroom-5-7-now-available.html

Camera Raw 5.7: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/11/camera-raw-8-7-and-dng-converter-8-7-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tw12lveam wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has determined the best way to import the RAW's and replace those JPG source files once LR gets support for the 750 raw format. I'd like to keep adjustments, stars/color codes, etc and just map them onto matching filenames (short the different .jpg .nef extension)

RawPlusJpeg (a free plugin I wrote) has features to automate/streamline that stuff..

robcole.com - RawPlusJpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, that's pretty cool Rob. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Irfanview to view my Raw files and If I want to do a Tiff of one I want to work on I export it

Also there is a batch processor  so you can just batch them all out as tiff and import to LR.

If you want thumbnails it will show all you images as thumbnails so you can quickly look at the images.

Irfanview is a free program

www.irfanview.com    get the plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is irfanview just extracting preview, or does it have a raw converter too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IrfanView can extract previews, but it also has a CRW plug-in that will use whatever Canon DLLs are installed on the system, if any, to do actual Canon raw conversion. You have to install a Zoom Browser or other Canon product that will put new enough DLLs on the system for the particular camera, and of course if someone has the install disks for their camera they probably also have Canon’s own DPP software, so then it is just a preference of whether to use Canon software or other software using Canon DLLs.

Whether the poster has new enough DLLs or is seeing camera-embedded previews remains a question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Native Lightroom support for the D750 was added in the Lightroom 5.7 update released this evening.

Release details:

Lightroom 5.7: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/11/lightroom-5-7-now-available.html

Camera Raw 5.7: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/11/camera-raw-8-7-and-dng-converter-8-7-now-available.h...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines